nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   My Complete Review of Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102450)

Elvin Presler 11-15-07 05:28 PM

My Complete Review of Crysis

FarCry
http://members.cox.net/elvinpresler/farcry.jpg

Crysis
http://members.cox.net/elvinpresler/crysis.jpg

Enough said.

firehawk 11-15-07 05:34 PM

Re: My Complete Review of Crysis

whats with all the whiny bitches lately...if i remember right farcry played like **** when it first came out as well.

note to idiots: YOUR PLAYING FARCRY ON HARDWARE THAT IS 5-6 YEARS OLDER THAN THE GAME.

SH64 11-15-07 05:35 PM

:clap2: for yet another pointless thread.

at least post this in the stickied crysis review thread instead of making a new thread about it :retard:

Gaco 11-15-07 05:40 PM

1. Something's probably wrong with your system, you shouldn't have THAT low FPS in Crysis all low.

2. Wanna play Crysis, buy some newer hardware. Enough said.

Elvin Presler 11-15-07 05:50 PM

It wasn't my intention to get your panties in a bunch. I just find it funny that I can run this game at settings so low that it looks far worse than FarCry and at a much lower resolution than I would play FarCry and still get frame rates, way, WAY below the "playable" zone. It makes no sense, and I sure wouldn't go spend $1200 on hardware upgrades when I know all that would do is allow me to play it looking the same as FarCry at something like 26 frames per second...still unplayable in my book.

Hell, I'd sooner just play FarCry again. That's all this is anyway is Far Cry redone.

v3rninater 11-15-07 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64
:clap2: for yet another pointless thread.

at least post this in the stickied crysis review thread instead of making a new thread about it :retard:

Agreed, Crysis is an amazing game, you don't know all the shiz that is going on in those pictures but if you did. There's a HELL of a lot different in them, plus, that's farcry a bunch of patches later. Wait until crytek starts patching and nvidia starts patching.

Too bad, Elvin, you have to sucker out so early, I really thought there were more mature people on this forum.:rolleyes:

ALSO: This game was made for DX10 64bit, so this thread is a bunch of crap.

Severian126 11-15-07 06:05 PM

Like others said, there's more going on in the background than what went on in Farcry. Physics, AI, etc., so think a bit and what can you expect? Granted I may not be wetting myself over this game and I think it's overhyped, but I think it deserves more credit than a FarCry clone. Upgrade your PC. And patches/drivers will increase performance, give it time.

Elvin Presler 11-15-07 06:10 PM

I will give it time. About 3-4 years I would guess. Then I imagine the hardware that is available will actually run it at a playable (40+ constant) frame rate...and I'll probably get it free, bundled with my GeForce 1100GT 1024 Meg video card at that time.

Severian126 11-15-07 06:16 PM

Funny, I can manage those frames just fine (or near enough) with the right settings.

I think you a need a Crysis Pacifier and a bucket to hold your tears from all your QQing.

Waahhhhhhhh

/wrist

Elvin Presler 11-15-07 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian126
Funny, I can manage those frames just fine (or near enough) with the right settings.

God, I sure hope so! Your rig must have cost as much as a 1 year old used car. If I had the rig in your signature, I would expect no less than 140+ frames per second in any new game on the market. If you don't get that...the game is crap or you're an idiot for forking over that kind of money for hardware like that. You choose.

ASUSEN7900GTX 11-15-07 06:23 PM

well guys donīt flame him not everybody can love and enjoy Crysis so please it is his point of view. So Let him have it but yes i know many are whining about it and perhaps from their Point of view it is justified.

:)

supra 11-15-07 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvin Presler
It makes no sense, and I sure wouldn't go spend $1200 on hardware upgrades when I know all that would do is allow me to play it looking the same as FarCry at something like 26 frames per second...still unplayable in my book.

Hell, I'd sooner just play FarCry again. That's all this is anyway is Far Cry redone.

trust me dude. this game on high settings, hell even medium settings look wayy wayyyy better than farcry.

the frame you are getting doesnt seem right because my friend plus it on hes laptop which has a 7800 and he gets round 40fps on low settings.