nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis Feedback Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102487)

[EOCF] Tim 11-16-07 07:21 AM

Crysis Feedback Thread

I was wondering why there wasn't a feedback thread yet? Loads of threads, but not a single thread where everyone can give feedback.

Anyway lets start this thread off. :)

Installing/copying files goes so slow, is this normal? Does anyone have this problem too? Can't even hear my HD, is it decompressing stuff off the DVD or something? CPU is doing something, 5% usage, but eh?

Edit : Took about 10min, but got it done. lmao

SlieTheSecond 11-16-07 08:13 AM

Re: Crysis Feedback Thread

Well the game is 6 gigs. Not exactly going to copy all that in 20 seconds :p

One word: Awesome

Mp is awesome too. Not a big mp kinda person for games like this. But I find myself playing that more than single player :)

DRen72 11-16-07 09:55 AM

I'm not liking the AI. It's insane that they can spot me behind a bush on a hillside when they are way out in the bay in a boat. Ridiculous.

Destroy 11-16-07 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRen72
I'm not liking the AI. It's insane that they can spot me behind a bush on a hillside when they are way out in the bay in a boat. Ridiculous.

Full version did not seem to have this issue btw.

mumstheword 11-16-07 02:38 PM

Crysis has the best and most reactive AI i've seen in any FPS.

Severian126 11-16-07 03:08 PM

Except when they start peeing on each other lol. Or maybe they're just into that?

DRen72 11-16-07 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy
Full version did not seem to have this issue btw.

I have the retail final version. Same crappy AI. Still, its the exact same in Far Cry. Enemy AI that was way far from realistic.

avirox 11-16-07 04:14 PM

AI was ok but I didn't see it as spectacular or anything. Obviously the graphics and environments are the main selling/hype points in crysis, and in that the game did deliver. However, it did feel too linear and constricted - I seem to remember wandering around with a lot more freedom in FarCry.
For me, the game kept getting better and reached a high point around the time you get into the mines. After that it felt forcefully linear and repetitive. Overall I still think it's a great game, and maybe I'll give the SP another spin eventually under hardware that can properly play it on high/vh.

Destroy 11-16-07 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRen72
I have the retail final version. Same crappy AI. Still, its the exact same in Far Cry. Enemy AI that was way far from realistic.

Dude you are so wrong on this one. The AI is one of the best out there currently, much more realistic than FarCry. They are aware of sounds and dead commerades. They can see what you see, warn others, search, know where you last were seen, spread out and flank, come from behind, call for reinforcements, use smoke and grenades and take cover.

What else do you want?

[EOCF] Tim 11-16-07 06:29 PM

I cannot believe how good this game is, this is the best we will get for quite some time, story, graphics, gameplay, it's all 10/10, fantastic!

Can a mod sticky this thread please? :)

ASUSEN7900GTX 11-16-07 08:48 PM

well i did it on easy but still i did it

too bad it was so short i hope there will be expansion packs

dont wanna spoil anything but those of you that has finished it know what im talking about so i hope a continue will be made

superb game great visuals in the end and bring on more crysis...:D

8/10 is what i give it since it is somewhat unfinished i think a bit of a rush job although the dev time was loooooong:D

bacon12 11-17-07 03:11 AM

What about getting killed by a filing cabinet? That really had me so mad, I can take a shot from the missiles on the helicopter and recover but that little cabinet was deadly. :headexplode: