nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crytek/NVIDIA Interview - Patch in Two Weeks! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102547)

six_storm 11-16-07 10:04 PM

Crytek/NVIDIA Interview - Patch in Two Weeks!

Quote:

warfjm: When can we expect the first patch to release?

Cevat: We are collecting up all the user feedback now and planning patches that will address as much as possible as fast as possible. The first patch will be out in 7-14 days.
http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?op...sk=view&id=559

methimpikehoses 11-16-07 10:21 PM

Re: Crytek/NVIDIA Interview - Patch in Two Weeks!

hum. I don't know how they can say that this thing is half CPU and half GPU... that doesn't seem to be the truth...

Hopefully they are going to get us some great optimizations as promised soon.

aceflier 11-16-07 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
hum. I don't know how they can say that this thing is half CPU and half GPU... that doesn't seem to be the truth...

Hopefully they are going to get us some great optimizations as promised soon.

Whats this crap about no benifits with quad core unless you have a good gpu? Since when is 8800gtx/ultra not a good gpu. I've never heard of such a thing honestly. Just what the hell gpu were they using when crytek said you will get the most out of the game froma quad core cpu???? I just got to the area where the mountains start exploding and its killing my pc. :thumbdwn:

Crow_Nest 11-17-07 12:09 AM

Wait, so Crysis DOES use quad? But only with a good GPU? Then how come the 8800GTX/Ultra users aint getting it?

Well the patch is still good news nonetheless...

K007 11-17-07 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceflier
Whats this crap about no benifits with quad core unless you have a good gpu? Since when is 8800gtx/ultra not a good gpu. I've never heard of such a thing honestly. Just what the hell gpu were they using when crytek said you will get the most out of the game froma quad core cpu???? I just got to the area where the mountains start exploding and its killing my pc. :thumbdwn:

9800GTX in QUAD SLI.:captnkill:

conroejoe 11-17-07 01:42 AM

Ill be done with the game in another day or two. Too late.

SH64 11-17-07 08:34 AM

Please 1 quad core support & more performance :)

delas52 11-17-07 09:12 AM

A lot of side-stepping questions going on there, nonetheless, hopefully they can deliver on these improved performance patches/drivers.

Eliminator 11-17-07 12:26 PM

some of those answers are bogus like the one about enabling the very high tweaks in DX9... clearly it looks 99.9% identical to dx10 very high they just wont admit it

mumstheword 11-17-07 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliminator
some of those answers are bogus like the one about enabling the very high tweaks in DX9... clearly it looks 99.9% identical to dx10 very high they just wont admit it

But you don't get the TRUE maximum experience of Microsoft/EA/NVidia ramming you simultaneously! Why can't these people just be honest with their customers.

agentkay 11-17-07 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mumstheword
But you don't get the TRUE maximum experience! Why can't these people just be honest with their customers.

I'd say it's a business decision. Somebody paid money to have "exclusive" DX10 effects so more people buy DX10 hardware. Just my guess but marketing and business decisions come very often "before" honesty.

mumstheword 11-17-07 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentkay
I'd say it's a business decision. Somebody paid money to have "exclusive" DX10 effects so more people buy DX10 hardware. Just my guess but marketing and business decisions come very often "before" honesty.

Yeah, I suppose they have to tow the line of other companys. You'd figure they would be honest with the people whom they are making the money from, the consumers. But I suppose it's just business. Atleast it's a very good game and we're allowed perform these 'hacks' so I shouldn't complain.