nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How to fry a Geforce FX 5800! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10265)

budd_wm 04-16-03 02:15 PM

How to Fry a Geforce FX

This is why I'm not getting a Geforce FX. You gotta read this...

http://www.pcekspert.com/articles/127-1.html

gokickrocks 04-16-03 02:25 PM

thats probably what happened to my FX that i had to RMA

zakelwe 04-16-03 02:40 PM

Re: How to Fry a Geforce FX

Quote:

Originally posted by budd_wm
This is why I'm not getting a Geforce FX. You gotta read this...

http://www.pcekspert.com/articles/127-1.html

Is that really the reason or is it because you stumbled across something on the world wide web that as an Ati 9700 user you'd thought you'd have " a dig " ?

Screensavers were popular until powersave came into being a few years back which not only saves your screen but actually lowers the power consumption and saves the planet ;)

zakelwe 04-16-03 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CoWBoY
Man, that sucks.

You all might want to keep a Class C fire extinguisher next to the case if you gotta run somewhere fast.

Class C Extinguishers are suitable for use on electrically energized fires. This class of fire extinguishers does not have a numerical rating. The presence of the letter C indicates that the extinguishing agent is non-conductive.

I wonder if UL will get involved in this anytime soon?

UL - Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.

UL Standards including Electrical and Non-Electrical Standards and Draft Standards, and UL Directories of Certified Products: Automotive Burglary Protection Mechanical Equipment Directory; Building Materials Directory; Electrical Appliance and Utilization Equipment Directory; Electrical Construction Materials Directory; etc.

You all be careful now. :(

JUMPING ON THE POPULISTIC BANDWAGON

Yawn

marcocom 04-16-03 02:44 PM

might need a fire extinguisher because your on the first graphics card clocked over 1ghz ever. the thing could possibly melt into a glowing ball of molten lag and children should be told to never handle it while loaded.

also its coupled with the meanest GPU active cooling ever built by a gfx company and included with the card and can be known to scare away the elderly with its whine and fire off car alarms in the middle of the night while you blister away at GunMetal.

sweet.

i wish they made sex toys.

Solomon 04-16-03 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by marcocom
might need a fire extinguisher because your on the first graphics card clocked over 1ghz ever. the thing could possibly melt into a glowing ball of molten lag and children should be told to never handle it while loaded.

also its coupled with the meanest GPU active cooling ever built by a gfx company and included with the card and can be known to scare away the elderly with its whine and fire off car alarms in the middle of the night while you blister away at GunMetal.

sweet.

i wish they made sex toys.

LOL!!!! That's good... Hehe. "I wish they made sex toys!" Haha.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

saturnotaku 04-16-03 02:50 PM

They could call their new line of sex toys the GeForce F(se)X! :D

zakelwe 04-16-03 03:03 PM

Quote:

Still denying the truth... yawn, :o

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6024728

Considering your 3dmark2001 score is so bad with a 9700 I suggest you go and sort the rest of your rig out whilst DX7 games are what everyone plays.

Unless you play DX8/DX9 3dmark03 all the time of course, in whidh case you will get 4000+ and be able to proudly aclaim it in your sig ;)

zakelwe 04-16-03 03:15 PM

Quote:

Wow, could I be pissing you off? And why are you bringing my budget system specs into it? Did you not read my post about why I benched this system?

You have no control over your emotions either now do you? ;)

That's a poor repost my friend.

You're not pissing me off, how can I be when I am eating you for breakfast ?

zakelwe 04-16-03 03:21 PM

Quote:

Glad you acknowledged one response from my post there canibal...lol.

I can tell you where to begin eating me at...:angel2:

I'll start at your mouth, its the biggest part LOL

heh heh :D

budd_wm 04-16-03 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zakelwe
Is that really the reason or is it because you stumbled across something on the world wide web that as an Ati 9700 user you'd thought you'd have " a dig " ?

Screensavers were popular until powersave came into being a few years back which not only saves your screen but actually lowers the power consumption and saves the planet ;)

No, I guess that wasn't the main reason I wasn't getting the FX, but that's a good one nonetheless. The main reason I went with ATI is because their AIW products are badass, and an AIW 9700 is superior to a GeForceFX in that it's quieter, is the best choice for home theater (which is what I'll use it for down the road), and I don't see any FX cards that have as many features as an AIW has. This was off topic, but hey, you asked.

zakelwe 04-16-03 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by budd_wm
No, I guess that wasn't the main reason I wasn't getting the FX, but that's a good one nonetheless. The main reason I went with ATI is because their AIW products are badass, and an AIW 9700 is superior to a GeForceFX in that it's quieter, is the best choice for home theater (which is what I'll use it for down the road), and I don't see any FX cards that have as many features as an AIW has. This was off topic, but hey, you asked.
Can't argue with that .. AIW is excellent

I sometimes wonder if the pig that is nvidia can't **** the goat that is Ati.

But nobody would want to buy a $699 piat of course.

And things would stagnate.