nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   NVNews Ratings! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102738)

MowTin 11-19-07 09:03 PM

NVNews Ratings!
 
It's nice that we have "feedback threads" but it would be nice if we associated ratings polls to all feedback threads. That way at a glance you can see how everyone rates a game or piece of hardware without having to read through pages of random opinions.

Ideally it would be great if there were a way of seeing an average score.

But at the very least ratings polls should be mandatory for all feedback threads.

SH64 11-19-07 09:14 PM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
I definitely support this idea & even more.

How about if nvnews gets its own game ratings. we simply make a poll thread to rate a certain game & let only nvnews members to vote. when the poll closes say after 4-5 days we gather the avarage score out from the poll (just like how MowTin explained above) & put the final score in the front page. that would be awesome!!

nvnews has so many different users with wide arrange of ideas , interests & views so i think accumulating all that in one final score can give a good indication of how good a game is , for the public aswell as the nvnews members themselves.

i know this is an Nvidia video cards hardware fansite but having our own game ratings would not conflict with the main purpose of this site , Gaming!

methimpikehoses 11-19-07 10:22 PM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
Good idea. The masses will flock to our amazingly accurate ratings. :cool:

Bearclaw 11-19-07 10:44 PM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
I definitley support this idea. :thumbsup:

einstein_314 11-19-07 11:03 PM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
Hmm, sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe make it so you have to be a member for a while or have a minimum post count before you can vote?

SH64 11-19-07 11:07 PM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by einstein_314
Hmm, sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe make it so you have to be a member for a while or have a minimum post count before you can vote?

Yep that might need to be taken into account.

crainger 11-20-07 03:16 AM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
I give this idea a 6 out of 7.

Redeemed 11-20-07 03:31 AM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
I give this idea a 6 out of 7.

If only I could get somebody to help me...!

nekrosoft13 11-20-07 04:28 PM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
this would be a good idea ONLY if there was a way to control who votes.

Only people that could vote, are people that actually own/played the product.

Other wise these ratings would be useless because when a person sees a poll he will always pick some option either being based on hype or god knows what else.

And this will result in very inaccurate ratings.


I would say no, since there is no way to control that only people who own/used/played the product to actually vote.

methimpikehoses 11-20-07 05:14 PM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0
2500 posts minimum :)

4200 posts minimum :D

crainger 11-20-07 06:25 PM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
this would be a good idea ONLY if there was a way to control who votes.

Only people that could vote, are people that actually own/played the product.

Other wise these ratings would be useless because when a person sees a poll he will always pick some option either being based on hype or god knows what else.

And this will result in very inaccurate ratings.


I would say no, since there is no way to control that only people who own/used/played the product to actually vote.

That's true. We'd have a heap of wh0res messing a good game rating because it doesn't use DX10 and instead looks great and plays smooth as silk.

Zelda_fan 11-20-07 09:05 PM

Re: NVNews Ratings!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
That's true. We'd have a heap of wh0res messing a good game rating because it doesn't use DX10 and instead looks great and plays smooth as silk.

Hence a 1000 post minimum to participate. Most people who participate that much in our forums won't pull that ****.

Maybe 1 or 2 will get buy but that's it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.