nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Last boss (spoilers) (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102752)

methimpikehoses 11-20-07 04:06 AM

Last boss (spoilers)

So I'm to the last boss, and what's her name is telling me to use the tac gun. I cannot get a ****ing lock on the cannon, and I've been aiming at it for 10 minutes.

Anyone?

crainger 11-20-07 04:19 AM

Re: Last boss (spoilers)

Quote:

Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
So I'm to the last boss, and what's her name is telling me to use the tac gun. I cannot get a ****ing lock on the cannon, and I've been aiming at it for 10 minutes.

Anyone?

I had the same problem, it has to be a bug or something. I just kept at it and finally it let me lock on.

Trizae 11-20-07 05:12 AM

make sure that you're fighting the LAST boss which is the alien ship not the spider thing and make sure that you load the save game from the autosave and not a custom one or sometimes it won't lock on.

[EOCF] Tim 11-20-07 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trizae
make sure that you're fighting the LAST boss which is the alien ship not the spider thing and make sure that you load the save game from the autosave and not a custom one or sometimes it won't lock on.

Yes, and make sure you don't do it while behind cover, move to open space, and target the left arm first.

Crow_Nest 11-20-07 05:41 AM

You can only use it when psycho tells you to use the TAC cannon to blast it. After lowering its shields. Thats when you aim for the extreme left portion of the ship. You do the same for the right side.

WeReWoLf 11-20-07 11:46 AM

I had the same bug. Quitting and reloading fixed it for me.

methimpikehoses 11-20-07 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeReWoLf
I had the same bug. Quitting and reloading fixed it for me.

:headexplode:

I hope that works. I reloaded my savegame several times, but I'll try quitting the program and restarting tonight when I get home. And I'll go for the autosave...

MAN. What a ****ty place for a glitch! You have got to be kidding me! :banghead:

I am convinced that they rushed this out the door... the first levels are much better than the last levels.

XDanger 11-20-07 02:34 PM

Can you even use the tac cannon before the end boss?
Theres 10 rounds in that thing and you only need 2 (or is it 3)

Having the screen full of an alien ship and the gun saying no target is a complete wtf

LORD-eX-Bu 11-20-07 02:37 PM

I think I had four or five rounds on Delta.

SH64 11-20-07 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDanger
Can you even use the tac cannon before the end boss?
Theres 10 rounds in that thing and you only need 2 (or is it 3)

Having the screen full of an alien ship and the gun saying no target is a complete wtf

I had only five rounds.

the idea if not being able to fire the weapon freely is obvious. not letting the player wasting these rounds in other things & then get stuck when fighting the mothership.

methimpikehoses 11-20-07 04:14 PM

I was so frustrated last night. The reload thing better fix it, or I'm sending Bigman to Crytek.

Monolyth 11-20-07 05:34 PM

I keep falling through the carrier deck, didn't have this problem anywhere else in the game only in the last 15 minutes of the game. About to finish, about to finish, nope, falling through the deck...and dead. Everything was aces till this part, can someone say need patch! :D