nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis was released too early (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102839)

v3rninater 11-21-07 02:04 AM

Crysis was released too early

I think that sums up this game enough since people can't stop ******** about this game. It is very awesome to me, but since the hardware cannot keep up with it. It's obvious that this game was released too damn early then.

sharvin 11-21-07 02:10 AM

Re: Crysis was released too early

Quote:

Originally Posted by v3rninater
I think that sums up this game enough since people can't stop ******** about this game. It is very awesome to me, but since the hardware cannot keep up with it. It's obvious that this game was released too damn early then.

that's why they said from the start you wont be able to run it at max settings and its suppose to scale i guess people don't listen though and demand everything to be available instantly..

XxDeadlyxX 11-21-07 02:38 AM

I think if it came out in Jan or Feb it would have been better... heck so many games out now that a delay would have hardly mattered... plus would be a lot closer to 9800 release.

I feel like upgrading to GTX or Ultra however I know I'll still get crap fps at 1920x1200 high/very high... I don't care the price I just wish there was something better to upgrade to (nana2)

And I don't mean SLI ;)

*prays 9800 isnt 8950 :headexplode: *

evox 11-21-07 02:47 AM

well it took FarCry 2-3 years before it could be played silk-smooth with maximum settings, I'd reckon it will the same case with Crysis. give it time ;)

Revs 11-21-07 02:52 AM

Crysis was released too early? No, hardware released too late :D

sharvin 11-21-07 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revs

lol that's more like it were is the tri-sli 9800GTX and nehalem:captnkill:

egamer11 11-21-07 03:37 AM

Quote:

agree!
i hope intel can **** both amd and nvidia in the near future:afro:

svetli_pp 11-21-07 03:42 AM

I doubt there will be completely new GPU architecture near future. With ATI lagging far behind I think NVidia will take its time. I expected the new high end card for christmas, all they did was to release g92 which is very good gpu but nothing unseen. I suspect the next top of the crop card will really be something with 2 g92s with full 128 shader units each. BTW with the fast increasing monitor resolutions and game's demands GPUs are not quite capable keeping the pace.

Logical 11-21-07 04:55 AM

I played Crysis through at high settings and it ran smooth enough......But i still dont like the game........

CaptNKILL 11-21-07 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v3rninater

Runs fine and looks great after tweaks on my rig.

:o

Crow_Nest 11-21-07 05:50 AM

Quote:

Haha agreed. If crysis wasnt delayed so many times in the past, then that would be too early. :D

XxDeadlyxX 11-21-07 06:44 AM

Yeah can you imagine the chaos if it had been released at its original date (Fall 2006)... Would have run at 5fps in Vista with best hardware :p