nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis....why all the hype...... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102841)

Logical 11-21-07 04:43 AM

Crysis....why all the hype......

It truly isn't that good at all imo. Yeah the first couple of maps look stunning but the gameplay is tedious and multiplayer is diabolical.

Once the novelty has worn off with the graphics, the game gets boring and gives no reason to play on to the end. I thought the AI in Crysis was supposed to be groundbreaking, pfft that is a joke.

Crysis is nothing more than a playable benchmark. :thumbdwn:

svetli_pp 11-21-07 04:48 AM

Re: Crysis....why all the hype......

What do you want, opponents to solve mensa tests ? :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Lonestar 11-21-07 04:52 AM

Drop it dude. These "HYPE" related posts are getting quite tedious.

Logical 11-21-07 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Drop it dude. These "HYPE" related posts are getting quite tedious.

Tedious or not... i want to know why people find this game good apart from the graphics.
If you dont like "Hype" related posts then i suggest you don't read them.

Koko56 11-21-07 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrixteH
Tedious or not... i want to know why people find this game good apart from the graphics.

WTF - Bioshock was much more overrated and hyped than Crysis and offered much less. It was a good game, but IMO it takes number 2 on the most over-hyped games list of all time. After Halo of course...

The gameplay is pretty fun and the MP is not boring either.

It's all about preference - you don't like it fine...

mumstheword 11-21-07 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koko56
WTF - Bioshock was much more overrated and hyped than Crysis and offered much less. It was a good game, but IMO it takes number 2 on the most over-hyped games list of all time. After Halo of course...

The gameplay is pretty fun and the MP is not boring either.

It's all about preference - you don't like it fine...

You mean Halo 2 :)

Then definitely Bioshock.

six_storm 11-21-07 06:41 AM

Crysis is def a good game to play until the end, it's just Crytek has taken out a few features that were supposed to be in the game because our current hardware cannot play them at playable framerates. Let the hardware catch up and Crytek add those features back, then play it through.

Koko56 11-21-07 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mumstheword
You mean Halo 2 :)

Then definitely Bioshock.

Well... the whole Halo series probably... :captnkill:

Madpistol 11-21-07 09:58 AM

I really enjoyed all the time I've spent on Single-player. It's been a very engaging experience from beginning to end. I've had to start pulling a lot of new tactics to get past the AI or defeat them. THERE ARE TONS OF THOSE LITTLE GUYS!

So yea, quit complaining about this game. It's a great game... it really is. It doesn't appeal to everyone, but then again, what does? ;)

a_big_burger 11-21-07 10:35 AM

Single player Crysis is definitely the best FPS game I have ever played.

I don't like the multiplayer portion of it.

Quote:

It truly isn't that good at all imo. Yeah the first couple of maps look stunning but the gameplay is tedious and multiplayer is diabolical.

Once the novelty has worn off with the graphics, the game gets boring and gives no reason to play on to the end. I thought the AI in Crysis was supposed to be groundbreaking, pfft that is a joke.

Crysis is nothing more than a playable benchmark. :thumbdwn:

conroejoe 11-21-07 10:42 AM

It should NOT get GOTY for the performance issues and bugs. I had to reinstall to finish it, thats how bad the bugs got for me...

COD4 would be a better choice. There are so many candidates right now that the hype around Crysis made it hype. Had this game been released in October before all these other contenders then it would've been received much better. I enjoyed playing Crysis, but I LOVE playing COD4! And the whole part inside the alien ship with the low poly aliens was one of the worst gaming experiences for me. It was just retarded.

Niot 11-21-07 10:42 AM

Quote:

Because people sometimes don't like their brains and prefer intuitive and shallow games that can fit into their short attention span.