nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Top Tactics (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102999)

Abraxus# 11-23-07 12:27 PM

Top Tactics

I just played throught the demo for the fiftieth time and it was no less fun than the first, as such I thought I'd post a few of my favourite tactics for whupping the koreans...

1. The most effective and fun way of destroy the humvees is to drive flat out into them with another pick-up, using maximum boost, then jumping out just before collision, KABLOOE!

Also there are a few stone ramps that you can launch off so your car smashes through the bases!

2. The tranquiliser darts are way more useful than I initially thought, one shot knockout. I usually strength punch them when they're spleeping:headexplode:

3. Throwing explosive barrels has become my area of expertise, it's particularly nice when you throw them up in the air and shoot them just before they touch down on the enemy!

Anyway, what favourite tactics do you guys use?

breathemetal 11-23-07 12:28 PM

Re: Top Tactics

I still like sneaking in under cloak mode and strength punching their ass across the map. Especially off of cliffs! and into the water!

CDE_1246 11-23-07 10:26 PM

Another good way to take out the humvees is to shoot the gas tank on the back of it then watch the fireworks.

breathemetal 11-23-07 10:29 PM

Or shoot out the tires right when its turning on a sharp curve and watch it barrel roll off the cliff. heh, i love that.

JasonPC 11-23-07 11:04 PM

I really enjoyed the level with the ship, Assault. Nothing brought me more satisfaction than picking an enemy up and tossing them off the side of the ship and hearing the splash.

crainger 11-23-07 11:16 PM

I jump on their heads then kick them. Then I eat a few mushrooms.

Abraxus# 11-24-07 04:57 AM

Godammit, I must not have bound the kick key, punching is for wimps.

This is becoming the new GTA for me - trying to do crazy stunts. For example, you can put an explosive barrel under a jeep, shoot it then jump on top and be launched skyward. Also, if you use the sprint at the right time you can run up cliffs or launch off jumps.

Chrisimo 11-24-07 06:08 AM

I read somewhere that you could destroy a helicopter with a part of a tree. The guy was shooting the tree to pieces, picked one up und threw it into the helicopter rotor. Then the helicopter exploded...

Koko56 11-24-07 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
I jump on their heads then kick them. Then I eat a few mushrooms.

:p

Chrisimo 11-27-07 10:57 AM

On the relic level..When one of the nanosuit NKs comes near, shoot him with a tranq dart, then place C4 on him. When the new jihadi walks back to his friends, blow him up. :)

methimpikehoses 11-27-07 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisimo
On the relic level..When one of the nanosuit NKs comes near, shoot him with a tranq dart, then place C4 on him. When the new jihadi walks back to his friends, blow him up. :)

:cool:

Redeemed 11-27-07 11:40 AM

I do my best to avoid any threads about Crysis cause I haven't bought it yet- but I just might have to now. I honestly don't know how much longer I can hold out. :p