nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Where do you get SCAR ammo? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103013)

sillyeagle 11-23-07 06:38 PM

Where do you get SCAR ammo?

I keep reading that the SCAR is supposed to be your main weapon, but I have not been able to use it so far due to the fact I cannot find any ammo for it. I'm at the excatvation site right now, and have had to use the North Korean rifle pretty much the whole time, except the beggining. Am I missing something here?

bacon12 11-23-07 06:46 PM

Re: Where do you get SCAR ammo?

I never found any till I met with US troops. You have a way to go till you get to any scar ammo.

SH64 11-23-07 06:56 PM

Dead teammates or some ammo storages. you wont find much tbh.

Technoholic 11-23-07 08:11 PM

Yeah, it's gay how we get supplied with SCAR weapon and not use it again. I really like SCAR. Silent, but deadly.

SlieTheSecond 11-23-07 09:01 PM

There was only a couple occasions where I found scar ammo. So really, once the ammo runs out at the beginning of the game. I never used it again.

Crow_Nest 11-23-07 09:26 PM

Yeah you only get it when there are marines in the level and you can pick up their ammo once their dead. Which makes it impossible to play through the entire game with the SCAR because you WILL run out of ammo before the marines come in.

SH0DAN 11-23-07 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyeagle
I keep reading that the SCAR is supposed to be your main weapon, but I have not been able to use it so far due to the fact I cannot find any ammo for it. I'm at the excatvation site right now, and have had to use the North Korean rifle pretty much the whole time, except the beggining. Am I missing something here?

No you are not missing anything,ammo for that weapon is very VERY scarce in comparison to most of the others.I also hated that you could not dump the pistols and grab an extra rifle,etc....

-Spoliers-

The pistols are near useless.Especially when you start to run into the tougher enemies after mission one and two (with full heavy body armor)
Not to mention nano suits of there own !! and better weapons then you have,and the damn aliens themselves that make the KPA look like romper
room...

breathemetal 11-23-07 10:21 PM

Yea the pistols look cool, but theres not much use for them unless you can get a close headshot in with em.

And sometimes that doesnt even work!

I dont even care for the SCAR, the ammo is scarce, so theres no point having it.

I just replaced it with the Korean one, er...Fy71?
Scope + Lazer + Nade Launcher + Silencer = PRIME!

bacon12 11-23-07 10:51 PM

I put the pistols on three shots and they work well for close range. Two clicks = 6 shots... not to bad. I kinda like them. :/

SH0DAN 11-23-07 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacon12
I put the pistols on three shots and they work well for close range. Two clicks = 6 shots... not to bad. I kinda like them. :/

Have you tried using them against the aliens ?? :D Better off giving them dirty looks,and this at point blank range.

bacon12 11-23-07 10:59 PM

True you would do as well to pick up a stick, which you can:POKE:

LORD-eX-Bu 11-24-07 01:01 AM

the pistols are excellent especially when you double tap :D

I kept the SCAR for most of the game, I would use it for more precise shots but my main weapon was the AK, I love that thing :D