nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Cevat Yerli Sucks as a Game director? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103046)

MowTin 11-24-07 11:42 AM

Cevat Yerli Sucks as a Game director?

**Warning: RANT**

Cevat Yeril sucks as a game director. Far Cry could have EASILY been the best FPS of all time but he watered down the game by forcing you indoors with mindless Trigens. After all the complaints and reviews which all said the same thing, "this game would be so much better without the Trigens and indoors gameplay" he does it again.

Crysis is TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES. The first game is about attacking or sneaking into heavily guarded bases. You can blow up houses. Jump on rooftops. Steal vehicles and run people over. Grenades are blowing up with battle dust and beatiful sun rays all around you. You have awesome jungle fights. You can choke people and throw them at other enemies. You have so many different ways of attacking the enemy.

In the second half--no more sneaking and cloaking--no grenades-no blowing up houses--no jungle fights--no cloaking--you can't grab or choke the aliens--no bases to sneak into--NO FREEDOM.

In the second half, many times I tried to get into a Jeep but couldn't. I couldn't get into the forklifts. I couldn't fire the TAC unless directed.

The TAC needs to "lock on." You would think that if it's not locked on it would fire without any guidance ability but no. It just won't fire. A very low point in the game.

I still really love this game but I'm so pissed off that they went and made the exact same mistake as they did in FarCry. These are some basic game design mistakes. You don't completely change the gamplay midway through the game. I'm no game designer/director but even I know that.

And that's why Cevat Yerli sucks as a game director. (They should hire me :D )

crainger 11-24-07 03:18 PM

Re: Cevat Yerli Sucks as a Game director?

I agree. I mean taking away the freedom would have been awesome for in between levels, like the Tank Battle, a short trip inside the alien ship, manning a gunner turret. But to continue through to the end of the game was a little disappointing. I was aching to get back into the jungle with my Korean buddies.

I did like the idea of the TAC lock on. It's a special weapon and they wanted every shot to count. Otherwise you could have run out of ammo and become stuck.

ASUSEN7900GTX 11-24-07 03:38 PM

freedom to the people go with flow freedom they´ll never take our freedom :D

crainger 11-24-07 04:05 PM

:wonder:

mumstheword 11-24-07 04:07 PM

Uwe Boll should have been the game director.

Brimstone7 11-24-07 04:13 PM

I don't think we can pin it all on this guy. Seems to me like they were running out of time and just needed to get the game out the door. All the evidence we have suggests there was supposed to be another chapter in the game where you make it back to the island, team up with the Koreans and lay the smack down on the alien ship. In that case, all of the linear parts would have just been put in the break up the game a bit and add some variety.

Anyways good points, I agree with everything you said, but I don't think we can pin it on this one guy. Not until he makes the same mistake in Crysis 2, anway!

ChaoticNick 11-24-07 04:22 PM

Yea, I remember reading somewhere that you team up with the Koreans against the aliens. Oh well, maybe in Crysis 2.

SH64 11-24-07 05:21 PM

Yep much less freedom in the second half of the game which render it mostly useless to replay again.

Bokishi 11-24-07 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticNick
Yea, I remember reading somewhere that you team up with the Koreans against the aliens. Oh well, maybe in Crysis 2.

Yeah I remember that too

MUYA 11-24-07 09:42 PM

I think people as just to hard to please these days.....

It's a great game for me....even though its like really taxing on my system. Guess I just don't have too much expectations in life generally...including this game. The more you expect, the more you will get disappointed.

SH64 11-24-07 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA

It's a great game for me....even though its like really taxing on my system. Guess I just don't have too much expectations in life generally...including this game. The more you expect, the more you will get disappointed.

Correct.

MowTin 11-24-07 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA

Don't get me I wrong I still think it's PC GOTY. But it could have been an all time great game if it didn't go Call of Duty in the second half.

I'm hoping modders will fix it. When you get out of the cave you should find yourself behind alien enemy lines. You should sneak into an alien encampment to get an alien weapon. Something better than the crap ice shard gun. Something like the BFG in DOOM 3 :D or a plasma rifle. You should also find an alien power source to give your suit unlimited energy. Then you should go out and kick some alien ass.