nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   CRYSIS or STALKER (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103087)

technoid 11-25-07 06:30 AM

CRYSIS or STALKER

I don't want to be a trader but while I was answering a question in the main gaming forum, is this the year consoles replaced pc gaming, it struck me that overall I liked STALKER better than CRYSIS. I love the first half of CRYSIS, until you enter the alien ship, but after that it didn't work for me. The aliens were just so so and the alien ship was just terrible.

The way CRYSIS looks and fighting in the jungle is very cool and worth the purchase price, but if I had to pick just one of them to play I think it would be STALKER. Hey, this is not a battle to the end, just a little question.

CRYSIS or STALKER

ASUSEN7900GTX 11-25-07 06:35 AM

Re: CRYSIS or STALKER

little of both but yeah S.T.A.L.K.E.R might be just a tad more convincing to get it since there ae mods making it look fantastic not that it reaches Crysis in visuals or Physics but thatīs anohter story there is no game today that can beat Crysis in some parts but yeah STALKER damn itīs a hard decision 50-50 iīd say

crainger 11-25-07 07:46 AM

Well Crysis has the graphics and polish, but Stalker has a great atmosphere. both loose their freedom towards the end, though this is countered with Stalker with the multitude of endings. For me, I had more fun with Stalker.

nutcrackr 11-25-07 08:26 AM

crysis wins for me because the gameplay is much more solid and the experience just works. Both games have even more potential in the gameplay department still I think. But STALKER has more, if the concept was taken and really fleshed out it would be game of the century.

Dreamingawake 11-25-07 12:17 PM

Crysis.

On my new8800GT it's like playing/watching a movie..(nana2)

SeriTonin 11-25-07 12:18 PM

stalker sucks.

methimpikehoses 11-25-07 12:19 PM

I really enjoyed these games head and shoulders above anything else I played this year. I choose both. :p

agentkay 11-25-07 12:23 PM

Crysis is the better game and is definitely the better purchase but Stalker was good game too! PC exclusive games are getting rare so they all deserve full support from PC snobs like me. :p

$n][pErMan 11-25-07 01:19 PM

Damn.. thats a hard question to answer! Crysis was a lot of fun, and nothing can even come close to the graphics and the jungle atmosphere. Crysis was very enjoyable for me. On the other hand, STALKER took awhile to suck me in, but once it did I could not stop playing for a second. I seemed to have more freedom in STALKER and the story was something you had to figure out on your own, it was not just handed to you. I think the fact the STALKER was also centered around a real event made it that much more interesting. So its a very tought call, but I honestly think I would have to pick STALKER. :) Imagine STALKER with Crysis graphics ;)

breathemetal 11-25-07 01:20 PM

for me...

Crysis = Good gameplay/story + Amazing graphics!

Stalker = GREAT gameplay/story + Very good graphics with mods

Jonelo 11-25-07 02:23 PM

The opinion only is been worth if both games have been ended, and Stalker in the real ending :D

For my Stalker , in the single player . Is very brave game , some design choices very risked - ballistic , and the world of the game is more original and impressive .

Crysis is a good game. for my the gameplay is better than in ALL LINEAR FPS with the old system of gameplay , the nanosuit design choice is very innovative and brilliant idea - and risked , in a FPS for PC . The game has some dark things - like all games or Stalker - , like the final levels a bit lineals , the enemy AI not has challenge with the nano suit .

Technoholic 11-25-07 04:54 PM

Crysis was a lot of fun. I beat it last night, started playing on the night of Thanksgiving. Spent a lot of hours. But Stalker was longer than Crysis. It's 50/50.