nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   EVE Online Trinity Overhaul (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103184)

slick 11-26-07 08:30 PM

EVE Online Trinity Overhaul

CHECK IT.

That's some hot **** right there.

Gorion 11-27-07 12:46 AM

Re: EVE Online Trinity Overhaul

Very Nice. I don't know why I never got into this game. Wing commander was always one of my favorite games ever. I know this is nothing liek WC but I'm just referring to the genre.

Maybe I'll have to give it a shot.

dante 11-28-07 06:59 PM

I had an account for a few months but discontinued it. Didn't really know what to do in the game.

mustrum 12-01-07 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dante
I had an account for a few months but discontinued it. Didn't really know what to do in the game.

That`s the main issue most people have and at the same time it`s biggest strengh.
EvE is a SAndbox game. There is almost nothing you cannot do. The game does not take your hand and tell you what to do though.
After WoW and all the EQ clones out there online gamers are so used to it that they are overwhelmed by eves freedom.

Once you overcame that you`l never turn back though. Suddenly all the other games seem so limited and small.

OldOfEvil 12-02-07 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustrum
That`s the main issue most people have and at the same time it`s biggest strengh.
EvE is a SAndbox game. There is almost nothing you cannot do. The game does not take your hand and tell you what to do though.
After WoW and all the EQ clones out there online gamers are so used to it that they are overwhelmed by eves freedom.

Once you overcame that you`l never turn back though. Suddenly all the other games seem so limited and small.

QFT..

I DLed the trial version and did the intro quests, got a new ship and am sort of at a loss as to what I should be doing. That and travel really bugs me, I swear I spend half my time with auto pilot on waiting to get to my destination.

darkrider01 12-03-07 10:21 AM

I spent all weekend on the test server checking out all the redesigned ships. The in-game graphics download took about 2 hours. The new engine is sick. The HDR looks great, and the explosions still beat any other game, ever.

Not bad for a 4+ year old MMO. CCP has a winning formula.

dante 12-03-07 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustrum

I did think it was kinda cool. Building your ship was fun but frustrating at times. I was in a Corporation that had thier own section of space with stations. But it seemed more fun when I was on my own. Once I joined the corp there were no real missions to do. I was lost and eventually quit.

dante 12-03-07 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
QFT..

I DLed the trial version and did the intro quests, got a new ship and am sort of at a loss as to what I should be doing. That and travel really bugs me, I swear I spend half my time with auto pilot on waiting to get to my destination.

It's been a few months for me but from what I remember you shouldnt be using auto pilot. Good way to get killed at the gates by pirates. I think, and someone else here that is playing regularly will know better, you should be warping directly to the gates. Manually do this because it gets you much closer to the actual gate. The problem with warping during auto pilot is that it leaves you too far away from the gate and then you have that tedious "cruise" into the gate that takes so long. If you don't use auto travel will be much quicker for you. jmho $.02

Gorion 12-06-07 10:17 PM

The new skins look really good. I'm such a newb at this game though it's hard to comment on much more

Sgt_Pitt 12-08-07 11:53 PM

as much as i love space games and mmo's even though eve looks awesome, its one of the most boring ass games ever, its a game of numbers, waiting and travelling

nVJoe 12-14-07 12:51 PM

The game still sucks.

Eve, the freedom to wonder around lost for months on end. Grats!

OH SNAP! I just spent 5 months pimping out my ship. I hit a asteroid and now my ship is gone! Friking awesome.... not.

jeffmd 12-14-07 05:29 PM

lol, you can spend 5 month pimping a ship and lose it?

Sadnbox game indeed.. in SPACE.. if flying in the deep black heading to tiny planets on the horizon is your bag I guess. Can someone list exactly what you do in this game? It looks kind pretty (Although you have to suck hard to make an inspace game with nothing but space ships look bad) but I didnt see any gameplay in that movie.