nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis as Non-Steam Game? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103851)

Kaguya 12-07-07 11:22 AM

Crysis as Non-Steam Game?

Hey, this isn't a big deal but thought I'd ask. I picked up Crysis yesterday in hopes to play it sometime over the holiday (once I knock off a couple other games). It runs fine and used the tweaks with DX9, looks and plays sweet... but for some reason I can't launch it from Steam, if I do, it crashes (said it stopped responding).

I hate XP's game explorer, I had high hopes for it, but it just keeps screwing up so I started using Steam to launch all my games. I've tried linking the .exe, I've tried making a .cmd file and launching through there, I've tried a few things but everything causes it to crash.

Just wondering if anyone has actually figured out a way to get it to launch?

einstein_314 12-07-07 12:03 PM

Re: Crysis as Non-Steam Game?

Why do you want to launch it from Steam? I don't understand....

Can't you just....double click on the icon?!? Or am I missing something...

Kaguya 12-07-07 12:20 PM

If I launch it through Steam I can have my Steam Community console there and my friends can see what I'm playing and chat. Yes, I can just click the icon, but figured it would be nice to have all the games together since all the others I have work in Steam.

|JuiceZ| 12-07-07 01:25 PM

Since when is Steam supported in Crysis?

jolle 12-07-07 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
Since when is Steam supported in Crysis?

Theoreticaly it works in any game.
We tried launching Warcraft 3 via steams "non steam game" menu, and you got the Steam UI overlayed on the game if you used the hotkey for it, and could chat with people on the friendslist etc.
Also tried it on WOW and that works, as does ET:QW.
Its sorta handy if you want to be able to quickchat with people while playing without tabbing in and out. (defualt hotkey is Shift-Tab to bring it up overlaying the game I belive)

WeReWoLf 12-07-07 02:42 PM

I run all my games through Steam (crysis included), so that my g/f can still get in contact with me if there's an emergency and i'm playing a game.

stncttr908 12-07-07 03:00 PM

There aren't any EA games on Steam since they have their own distribution system. I presume this includes using the Steam UI over it.

Kaguya 12-07-07 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeReWoLf
I run all my games through Steam (crysis included), so that my g/f can still get in contact with me if there's an emergency and i'm playing a game.

Did you have to do anything fancy to get it to work with Crysis? 32-bit or 64-bit Crysis? XP or Vista?

|JuiceZ| 12-08-07 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolle
Theoretically it works in any game.

Learn something new everyday, thanks :)

CoSWill 12-09-07 12:48 AM

When I downloaded it from EA and found out I had to pay an extra $5.00 for them keep my download on file for 2 years I thought dang I wish it was on Steam.

But last week I got my 8800GT from NewEgg and guess what was in the box lol.......Crysis!!

Redeemed 12-09-07 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoSWill
When I downloaded it from EA and found out I had to pay an extra $5.00 for them keep my download on file for 2 years I thought dang I wish it was on Steam.

But last week I got my 8800GT from NewEgg and guess what was in the box lol.......Crysis!!

Seriously?!? :bugeyes:

What brand? Please say eVGA!!! :wonder:

CoSWill 12-09-07 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Seriously?!? :bugeyes:

What brand? Please say eVGA!!! :wonder:

EVGA 8800 GT Superclocked :)

PS......I saw Chris LeDoux ride a few times and one particular ride stands out in my memory.....he came out of the chute and the bareback bronc went straight up......all you could see was the top of Chris LeDoux' hat .........amazing ride.....he won the event.