nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Anyone playing Vanguard? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104102)

NrthnStar5 12-11-07 05:37 PM

Anyone playing Vanguard?

Hiya,

Just thought i'd ask if anyone was playing Vanguard at all. I just resubbed for a month to check it out. Progress is being Made. I still get captivated by the large world. A new major patch is supposed to come this week with the usual barrage of performance and bug fixes.

They also have Dynamic Weather on test right now, looks like it will be in this weeks patch or the next one.

Anyone playing or watching the game for a possible return?

yehuda 12-11-07 10:57 PM

Re: Anyone playing Vanguard?

I'm still subscribed, but don't have much time to play lately.
There has been a lot of progress made, especially with performance and stability.
Looks like they're going the right way.

Ninja Prime 12-12-07 05:56 PM

I've been watching it, its improved but I think it still has a long way to go before it becomes a game worth paying monthly for. I'd play it if they ever make it feel more like a real, living, breathing world.

qtherule 12-12-07 06:15 PM

i was in beta 2 and up.
Played the game at release for about 2 months quit, went back few months later, quit again.
Progress is being made but the progress is at a snail's pace. They need to be patching every week like old school Eq did.
It would be a great game with faster updates and fixes. It still doesn't even have antialiasing.

NrthnStar5 12-12-07 09:19 PM

Antialiasing can be forced on in the Nvidia control panel as long as your not using V-Sync or HDR, and using a driver from the 169 family. However, On my end anyway, It took too large a performance hit, even on 2x but it makes the game that much better looking.

I'm surprised at the slow patching pace, the last update to Game Update 3 went live today, it is very large, I think it would be better to have smaller more frequent patches.

Tygerwoody 12-13-07 01:41 PM

NVJoe and MagNuS play Vanguard all the time. They are the official fan girls of the game. They love easy bake oven and playing paddy cake.

NrthnStar5 12-13-07 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
NVJoe and MagNuS play Vanguard all the time. They are the official fan girls of the game. They love easy bake oven and playing paddy cake.

Hmm... I don't see anything wrong with that...:)

Tygerwoody 12-13-07 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NrthnStar5
Hmm... I don't see anything wrong with that...:)

neither do they. I have to say though, NVJoe can make one damn good crayon flavored cookie.

saguy 12-14-07 11:08 AM

I was just thinking about this game the other day, but from what I heard there still does not appear to be enough positives for me to re-subscribe. I played the first month when it was released and I re-subscribed a month or so after Sony took over, but was not impressed with the progress or performance. It does appear that Sony have no intention of throwing their resources into the game for a re-release. I get the impression they have written this game off as a tax loss and are doing just enough to keep the few diehards going.

It is a shame though as it did have potential and I enjoyed the healer class I was playing and the dangerous world forced you to concentrate. As someone said before, the world is huge but it just feels so lifeless, especially after playing LOTRO.

nVJoe 12-14-07 12:24 PM

If the mobs in Vanguard acted like a game with more than 4mb of RAM, then maybe I would still be playing this game.

Oh and here is a classic all you guys will remember. Ok, you aggro a mob or two and they chase you across 4 DAMN CONTINENTS AND ALL THE WAY INTO EQII. Oh it gets better. Later on those same mobs will be killed but you accidentally crossed a chunk line. WTF you know it might take 4 hours for you to cross back over that chunk line to find you mob's body has despawned. FRIKING AWESOME! Also what ever you had going, stopped when crossing a chunk line. I hated that crap.

Chunk lines ftl

How about them mobs and the "natural" way they reacted to the environment? LMAO! NOT! half of them had a little chat bubble above them saying "STUCK". AHAHAHAHAH Here is the kicked, you can't tell if they are stuck or not. Even when they are in a open field, they still studder around. They don't so much move as much as they blink around like a mage in WoW but it is more like a machine gun blinking. LOL!

This game would have been very cool if they didn't release a unfinished game and treat it's customers like BETA testers.

WRT Lord of the rings, it was very cool up to lvl 20. Then it was the same damn thing and boring as hell. Who's bright idea was it to make talent points cost more than you could farm in a day? And repairing your equipment cost more than you could farm in a week.

I loved the on going story line. That was cool but the rest just let me down.

Feyy 12-14-07 12:28 PM

Welcome to SOE, fubaring mmo's since galaxies

Tygerwoody 12-14-07 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nVJoe
If the mobs in Vanguard acted like a game with more than 4mb of RAM, then maybe I would still be playing this game.

Oh and here is a classic all you guys will remember. Ok, you aggro a mob or two and they chase you across 4 DAMN CONTINENTS AND ALL THE WAY INTO EQII. Oh it gets better. Later on those same mobs will be killed but you accidentally crossed a chunk line. WTF you know it might take 4 hours for you to cross back over that chunk line to find you mob's body has despawned. FRIKING AWESOME! Also what ever you had going, stopped when crossing a chunk line. I hated that crap.

Chunk lines ftl

How about them mobs and the "natural" way they reacted to the environment? LMAO! NOT! half of them had a little chat bubble above them saying "STUCK". AHAHAHAHAH Here is the kicked, you can't tell if they are stuck or not. Even when they are in a open field, they still studder around. They don't so much move as much as they blink around like a mage in WoW but it is more like a machine gun blinking. LOL!

This game would have been very cool if they didn't release a unfinished game and treat it's customers like BETA testers.

WRT Lord of the rings, it was very cool up to lvl 20. Then it was the same damn thing and boring as hell. Who's bright idea was it to make talent points cost more than you could farm in a day? And repairing your equipment cost more than you could farm in a week.

I loved the on going story line. That was cool but the rest just let me down.

Vanguard doesn't have Zones or Chunks. Vanguard is seamless. Get it right.