nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Anyone else bored of Crysis? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104442)

3DBrad 12-16-07 11:38 PM

Anyone else bored of Crysis?

To me, it was more of a tech demo than a game. I have the box sitting here, haven't played it in a while, and don't plan on it until the SDK is released, then I can have some fun importing/modding the game.

But overall, the game isn't that fun, except multiplayer can be, but all DX10 servers are laggy, so that means only DX9, which means, no breakable stuff.

LORD-eX-Bu 12-16-07 11:40 PM

Re: Anyone else board of Crysis?

I like to play with the editor thats about it. I haven't touched the game since I finished it a couple of weeks ago.

I want to model a couple of guns and maybe some new military characters like Navy SEALS and import them using the SDK when it comes out. I'm pretty good with 3DS, just been having fun with it for a while getting used to version 9 :D

Roliath 12-16-07 11:40 PM

I got fed up with the VTOL level and stopped playing, i'll finish it soon though.

SH64 12-16-07 11:41 PM

Board ?

LORD-eX-Bu 12-16-07 11:42 PM

as in the wooden plank? :rofl

3DBrad 12-17-07 12:01 AM

LOL, sorry, it's 1am, I meant bored. :p

jeffmd 12-17-07 12:02 AM

Re: Anyone else bored of Crysis?

I still love the early game..it just started sucking after the alien vessal.

3DBrad 12-17-07 12:08 AM

Yep.

I kept going back to play in the first level (the demo level) just to break trees, etc.

einstein_314 12-17-07 12:18 AM

I just beat it today and I loved it. The later levels where definitely not of the same quality as the first ones (didn't feel as polished). But I had a great time playing it. I took my time and had a lot of fun. Now I'm playing with the sandbox editor. There's some pretty fun stuff you can do.

Redeemed 12-17-07 01:30 AM

I haven't even played it yet- don't have a copy. Several people have hinted at me possibly getting it for x-mas, so I'm waiting to see. If not, then of course I'll go right out and buy it along with the orange box. :p

I'm actually stoked. I'm looking forward to this "cliff-hanger ending" every seems so upset about. That's what I loved about HL, HL2, and HL2: EP1- you were left wondering what the **** happened next. :lol: Good stuff! :D

v3rninater 12-17-07 03:09 AM

Not bored with it, waiting for the darn patches to come out so I can actually use vista again. Cause right now I play crysis on XP, which is much better then vista/64.

I loved this game, it's got sooo much potential, I can't wait for mods. Should be ez too, with the editor out right on the spot. Shouldn't be long, and we'll see some pretty nice mods.

I would love co-op Crysis!!...LOL!

SlickRig 12-17-07 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v3rninater
Cause right now I play crysis on XP, which is much better then vista/64.

Install all the updates and hotfixes to Vista 64. I only lose 1-2fps in Vista 64 using the DX9 path over playing it in XP.