nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Who is still playing Battlefield 2? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104575)

3DBrad 12-18-07 07:50 PM

Who is still playing Battlefield 2?

I still like it a lot, and it runs great. Reinstalling it after a HDD crash/reformat, am about to go fight for the good ol' USA on Wake Island 2007. :cool:

Amuro 12-18-07 08:07 PM

Re: Who is still playing Battlefield 2?

Haven't played for two months. Too many new games to play.

toxikneedle 12-18-07 08:20 PM

sigh, i wish..... i really wanna play bf1942 actually, dunno why.

mojoman0 12-18-07 09:07 PM

I still play all the time and I actually just bought the 1942 collection so I've been spending a lot of time with Vietnam. I didn't have the hardware back in the day to play these games so I'm finally getting my shot. Too bad I'm home on vacation with dialup... :(

LORD-eX-Bu 12-18-07 09:55 PM

is special forces any good? I am thinking about picking BF2 up.

3DBrad 12-18-07 10:02 PM

Special Forces is OK, adds some nice features, but overall BF2 is great without any additional stuff, as I have only installed Special Forces about 2-3x.

Bman212121 12-18-07 10:47 PM

Install it for the weapon loadout. I'm not sure if it still applies or not but I believe in order to get some of the other weapons in regular BF2 you have to sign into SF at least once to be able to unlock them. Seems to me you get 2 unlocks as soon as you sign into SF as well. (If you like sniping then use them to get the L96 as it's the only decent sniper rifle in the game. You can spam some of the stock ones to get kills, but even the barret is nurfed and it's hard to get 1 shot kills. The L96 though is a lot easier to use.)

Personally, I wouldn't pick the game up if you don't have it by now. A lot of the players have left with the games that have come out, and BF2 has some really annoying issues. (Hitbox detection, no true widescreen support, messes with my mouse and with my audio, etc) The game itself is a fun concept, but I find it really annoying when you need a whole clip and your pistol to take people down.

BJC 12-19-07 12:44 AM

Love the Project Reality mod for it. My favorite and most played MP game for months now.

mojoman0 12-19-07 02:02 AM

SF is pretty cool..flashbangs and ziplines come in really handy and the maps have a huge variety. There are even night maps. Right now there are more people playing the recently released Forgotten Hope 2 WW2 mod than Crysis

LORD-eX-Bu 12-19-07 02:03 AM

that isn't saying much :p

SlickRig 12-19-07 03:41 AM

I love BF2! Its my virtual playground of mischief and trouble making!

Bokishi 12-19-07 03:43 AM

I tried playing BF2 recently, but the graphics look really bad to me now heheh