nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tried but will not start. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104581)

Airbrushkid 12-18-07 08:56 PM

Tried but will not start.

I try to overclock with the system below in sig. But Vista 32 won't start. If I start in safe mode it works and in XP it works. So why won't Vista allow me to overclock??

LORD-eX-Bu 12-18-07 09:18 PM

Re: Tried but will not start.

what settings did you use? I hope you didn't just up the fsb like 200 mhz and expect it to work properly.

mythy 12-18-07 10:25 PM

OS will have nothing to do with a OC if the clock is unstable it will be unstable under all OS's The only thin g I can think of is Vista stressing the PC upon boot more so then XP so it ****s sooner

SlieTheSecond 12-19-07 12:29 AM

Yup, letting windows boot is a good indicator if your computer is horribly unstable as you will get bsod's. But thats about as far as that goes.

Run orthos in xp, and see if you get any errors. Just 1 error means your pc is not stable.

Oh and keep a constant eye on temps. I don't know the safe zone for that cpu, you should be able to find it online though.

Airbrushkid 12-19-07 07:05 AM

It runs stable in XP even in orthos. I can run it in XP it all day aat 2570 mhz and play any game even Crysis. But when it comes to Vista nothing. I even set the overclock over by 100 mhz and won't start.

Tr1cK 12-19-07 08:26 AM

It's a new thing Microsoft added in Vista by Intels request.

Intel wants to sell faster chips. So, anytime you overclock, it won't allow you to boot Vista. Your only solution is to stick with XP or buy a faster chip. :D

Gorion 12-19-07 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK

Intel wants to sell faster chips. So, anytime you overclock, it won't allow you to boot Vista. Your only solution is to stick with XP or buy a faster chip. :D

:rofl

Airbrushkid 12-19-07 09:13 AM

Where did you come up with that? There are several people out there with AMD cpu's that are overclocking them and booting into Vista with no problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK

Madpistol 12-19-07 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airbrushkid
Where did you come up with that? There are several people out there with AMD cpu's that are overclocking them and booting into Vista with no problems.

It's a joke. :p Vista usually boots fine on CPU overclocks.

Airbrushkid 12-19-07 07:36 PM

After playing around. I found out that if I raise the fsb up and only that. Vista will start overclock by that means. But if I lower or raise the multiplier in the bios. Vista won't boot.

LORD-eX-Bu 12-19-07 07:40 PM

have you made the proper adjustments to your voltages so that your overclock will be stable?

Airbrushkid 12-19-07 08:40 PM

Tried raising you voltage but does nothing. Vista won't boot. It will only boot like I said using the fsb.