nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ghost Recon - Advanced WarFighter! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104608)

ATOJAR 12-19-07 10:11 AM

Ghost Recon - Advanced WarFighter!

Whats this GRAW actually like? ... i got it free with my mobo and i still havent even got around to playing the thing yet! ...... as i said whats peoples opinions on Ghost Recon - Advanced WarFighter, im thinking about installing and having a bash! is it worth playing?

agentkay 12-19-07 10:15 AM

Re: Ghost Recon - Advanced WarFighter!

Yes it is definitely worth playing. It's a tactical and squad-based FPS with decent visuals and some of the best weapon sound that I have ever heard. It also has decent AI and physics and you don't need to install the Ageia drivers (unless you have a PPU) because software physics run with Havok.

Jonelo 12-19-07 11:22 AM

edit

SH64 12-19-07 11:30 AM

Its worth it if you like tactical shooters , otherwise it will get frustrating sometimes for you.

Destroy 12-19-07 12:16 PM

If its GRAW1 sell it on ebay or something, GRAW2 is much more refined and how GRAW1 should have been in the first place.

SlickRig 12-19-07 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64
Its worth it if you like tactical shooters , otherwise it will get frustrating sometimes for you.

The latter levels are a royal pain in the &^%$&^$

3DBrad 12-19-07 02:52 PM

You can decompress some packages and edit some files to enable "God mode" which also means unlimited ammo. :D

SH64 12-19-07 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoudazo
You can decompress some packages and edit some files to enable "God mode" which also means unlimited ammo. :D

You can do this to all games , but really whats the point of cheating if there's no challenge :confused:
instead you can always play in easiest difficulty levels & yet have fun.

Slides 12-19-07 10:44 PM

How realistic is it? Is it one of those games where you have to shoot the enemy 10 times before it makes any difference?

Bokishi 12-20-07 01:14 AM

I was never able to beat pc GRAW1, too hard

Destroy 07-18-11 06:52 PM

Necro time, my q is not worthy of a new thread IMO.

I remember trying to play through GRAW1 and got frustrated with the AI, pathfinding and other things I don't remember any more.

Was this game ever patched up to decent playable condition or perhaps moded to make it into decent playable condition?

JohnDio 07-18-11 08:13 PM

As far as I know, the SP AI is still bugged and can see you from miles away. GRAW 2 online however was a great experience and among the best I have ever had