nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis 64bit Issues (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105278)

breathemetal 12-29-07 09:36 PM

Crysis 64bit Issues

1) It wont open through the Bin64 folder. It just crashes right away, even with a nocd fix.

2) When running via the 32 bit mode, it crashes within 10 to 20 minutes.

sytaylor 12-30-07 09:28 AM

Re: Crysis 64bit Issues

First off, don't bother with the 64bit exe, its slower than the 32bit exe at everything. Secondly, you might wanna try bringing your video card back down to stock, I had serious artefact and crashing issues when I tried overclocking using some Gainward OEM software to overclock

$n][pErMan 12-31-07 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sytaylor
First off, don't bother with the 64bit exe, its slower than the 32bit exe at everything. Secondly, you might wanna try bringing your video card back down to stock, I had serious artefact and crashing issues when I tried overclocking using some Gainward OEM software to overclock

Odd... I have played 64bit... feels about the same as 32bit....

XP_GUN 12-31-07 07:42 PM

Same it fells about the same.

sytaylor 12-31-07 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XP_GUN
Same it fells about the same.

Fair enough, still no real advantage to the 64bit exe if its crashing especially.

XP_GUN 01-01-08 12:04 AM

^ agreed.

breathemetal try to reinstall the game to see if that works? Also try to see if your Audio and Video drivers are up to date. Other than that what is it doing when it crashes? just a black window or nothing?

Lfctony 01-01-08 01:53 AM

It's actually slower for me using the 32bit exe in Vista 64. And not just slower, like half the FPS slower...

Tuningmaster 01-01-08 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lfctony
It's actually slower for me using the 32bit exe in Vista 64. And not just slower, like half the FPS slower...

Thats odd because 32bit runs the same as 64bit for me and Im on Vista 64.

The only bug I have found with 64bit is the snow parts of the game, the FPS takes a big nose dive where as the 32bit exe is still ok.

brady 01-02-08 06:21 PM

So I just finished installing Vista 64 and while it was installing I took the time to read a few reviews and investigations into DX10 32bit vs 64bit Crysis at "very high." I've yet to get Crysis installed on my 64bit partition but now I think I'm just going to put it on hold as there does not appear to be any benefit at all to going 64bit in crysis.

A few people are reporting that the game "feels smoother" but the numbers seem to indicate that the FPS are exactly the same. Does not seem worth the trouble. Probably should of read a bit more before taking the time to install Vista 64. On the other hand, I'm sure I'll use it in the future..:cool:

Tuningmaster 01-02-08 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brady
So I just finished installing Vista 64 and while it was installing I took the time to read a few reviews and investigations into DX10 32bit vs 64bit Crysis at "very high." I've yet to get Crysis installed on my 64bit partition but now I think I'm just going to put it on hold as there does not appear to be any benefit at all to going 64bit in crysis.

A few people are reporting that the game "feels smoother" but the numbers seem to indicate that the FPS are exactly the same. Does not seem worth the trouble. Probably should of read a bit more before taking the time to install Vista 64. On the other hand, I'm sure I'll use it in the future..:cool:

The FPS is the exact same from 32bit to 64bit Vista. I have tested it both ways. ;)

A lot of people are just getting the placebo affect and I get a kick out of it.

brady 01-03-08 06:38 PM

So I went ahead and gave Crysis 64bit a try. It ran terrible. Much worse than Vista 32bit. Perhaps there's something wrong with my Vista x64 install but I'm not gunna bother trying to figure it out.