nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows XP And Vista (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Windows Vista x64 and enabling support for the Black Wireless XBOX 360 Controller? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105384)

Digital_Trans 01-01-08 01:12 AM

Windows Vista x64 and enabling support for the Black Wireless XBOX 360 Controller?

I just purchased a new XBOX 360 Wireless joy-stick black. I also downloaded the latest drivers for the hardware device. How do I enable it for games like
Gears of War? I'm assuming that the joy-stick will only work with Games for Windows or will it work for any game besides that? I have not been able to get it to work for anything yet and would likw some
direction in this area please. I need to know how to enable first off then make it work for other games on my computer.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7...1wjc8tluw8.jpg

nekrosoft13 01-01-08 01:33 AM

Re: Windows Vista x64 and enabling support for the Black Wireless XBOX 360 Controller?

this would help

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...uL._SS500_.jpg

Serrasalmus 01-01-08 01:39 AM

Re: Windows Vista x64 and enabling support for the Black Wireless XBOX 360 Controller

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13

thats the same joystick i use and i use it for any game i have that can use a joystick... and yes you need the wireless reciver for windows and the only way to get it that i know of is to buy it with the joystick i got mine at bestbuy for 49 bucks

nekrosoft13 01-01-08 01:43 AM

Re: Windows Vista x64 and enabling support for the Black Wireless XBOX 360 Controller

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serrasalmus
the only way to get it that i know of is to buy it with the joystick i got mine at bestbuy for 49 bucks

they are sold separately as well. black controllers don't come with it.

this is first time that i come a cross someone that thinks that a wireless device (transmitter) will simply work without a receiver.

crainger 01-01-08 01:47 AM

Quote:

this is first time that i come a cross someone that thinks that a wireless device (transmitter) will simply work without a receiver.

With dig trans. Anything is possible. ::p:

Digital_Trans 01-01-08 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serrasalmus
thats the same joystick i use and i use it for any game i have that can use a joystick... and yes you need the wireless reciver for windows and the only way to get it that i know of is to buy it with the joystick i got mine at bestbuy for 49 bucks

I just ordered one off ebay just now! Thanks for the advise NV Gang!

Digital_Trans 01-01-08 02:54 AM

Re: Windows Vista x64 and enabling support for the Black Wireless XBOX 360 Controller?

Quote:

Thanks! :D

mythy 01-01-08 03:24 AM

you fool :p

Hey I just bought this awesome remote control.. Hey why doesn't my TV turn on?!?! Oh thats right I don't have one! :D

Digital_Trans 01-01-08 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mythy
you fool :p

Hey I just bought this awesome remote control.. Hey why doesn't my TV turn on?!?! Oh thats right I don't have one! :D

I didn't see this in retail stores fool! I looked the day I purchased the wireless joy-stick so I assumed it would only work via USB but now I know I'll need the wireless gaming receiver for windows. I'll have it in a couple of days for sure.

dxx 01-01-08 11:05 AM

Quote:

Mate, I've found people that think that wireless internet works without an ISP. People need wires to stay sane.

nekrosoft13 01-01-08 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
I didn't see this in retail stores fool! I looked the day I purchased the wireless joy-stick so I assumed it would only work via USB .

:headexplode: how would wireless device wok via USB

ViN86 01-01-08 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
I just purchased a new XBOX 360 Wireless joy-stick black. I also downloaded the latest drivers for the hardware device. How do I enable it for games like
Gears of War? I'm assuming that the joy-stick will only work with Games for Windows or will it work for any game besides that? I have not been able to get it to work for anything yet and would likw some
direction in this area please. I need to know how to enable first off then make it work for other games on my computer.

did you just expect windows to sense the wireless controller? :wtf: