nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Twinks.....so whats your point? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105424)

Dvahlish 01-01-08 11:21 PM

Twinks.....so whats your point?

I dont like twinks....
Thats all there is to it.
I think its a totally unfair way to play the game and it ****s me.

We kept coming across one in AB....a NE hunter and she (I say she....but Im guessing it was more than likely a balding middle aged man behind the screen) was just knocking people apart with one blow...Hunters are bad enough to come across in the BG, but a twinked one is ridiculous.

I go and look this toon up on the amoury to confirm my suspicions and I see that at level 39 she has 34,523 Honourable kills and a whole bunch of damn fine gear.

Aha!

So I left the 30- 40 bracket and gave up on BG's for awhile as I only like to play at the end of eachy level bracket...I got to level 49 and decided to head off into the BG's again for some more honour points...
Back to the amoury to check out where the hunter Twink is.....damn....
Shes gone up to level 45 now....
Guess Ill be seeing her again :)

So...whats with this twinking?
Why????????????????????????????????????

And.....why the hell are the alliance so bad at AB?

methimpikehoses 01-01-08 11:26 PM

Re: Twinks.....so whats your point?

:wonder:

g-a-m-e 01-01-08 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dvahlish
I dont like twinks....
Thats all there is to it.
I think its a totally unfair way to play the game and it ****s me.

We kept coming across one in AB....a NE hunter and she (I say she....but Im guessing it was more than likely a balding middle aged man behind the screen) was just knocking people apart with one blow...Hunters are bad enough to come across in the BG, but a twinked one is ridiculous.

I go and look this toon up on the amoury to confirm my suspicions and I see that at level 39 she has 34,523 Honourable kills and a whole bunch of damn fine gear.

Aha!

So I left the 30- 40 bracket and gave up on BG's for awhile as I only like to play at the end of eachy level bracket...I got to level 49 and decided to head off into the BG's again for some more honour points...
Back to the amoury to check out where the hunter Twink is.....damn....
Shes gone up to level 45 now....
Guess Ill be seeing her again :)

So...whats with this twinking?
Why????????????????????????????????????

And.....why the hell are the alliance so bad at AB?

wtf ? :astonished:

lIqUID 01-02-08 12:37 PM

I have a 39 twink hunter(female toon too) on horde. I'm in the most well known/best twink guild in our battlegroup as well. I honestly like playing against other twinks, as killing just people levelling through the bracket is no challenge at all.

For some people endgame is killing some NPC scripted encounter thats been beaten over and over. For some its arena, only to have to arena all over again when the season starts. You are playing through a never ending cycle of either raids, or arena and for what? gear. Well, some of us found an end to the gear grind and its through playing lower level toons.

If you want to level and not twink I suggest you not worry about PVP until after you hit the 5x bracket, but even then as alliance you'll have it rough because for some reason the naturally bad PVPers go to alliance(no offense).

look for Liqswife on Lethon, 39 BE hunter. I'm male, 31 years old, married with kids, have regular sex, don't live in parents basement and have a headfull of hair :D

Monolyth 01-02-08 12:47 PM

Twinks are the reason blues on the AH that could go for 5-10g go for 30-40g. So in that respect I hate them, but otherwise I don't PvP until I hit 70 so they really doesn't affect me all that much. Plus I prefer raiding as opposed to PvP, but I do PvP here & there when the mood strikes me and I do alright considering my gear.

Monolythic - Hellscream

methimpikehoses 01-02-08 01:14 PM

I thought twinks was a term for homosexual dudes. (lee)

spirited1 01-02-08 01:29 PM

Imagine if there was no level restrictions at all on WoW gear and none of it was bop/boe (I assume you have level restrictions still? it's been a while since I played last). That's what it was like early days in EQ1. You can roll a lvl1 right now and equip him with lvl50-60 equipment. They started putting lvl restrictions and no-drop tags (bop) on gear after a few years.

Just imagine that lvl 39 WoW player decked out with gear from lvl70 instances.

For the record, I like twinking, but back in the day it was considered pretty low.

CaptNKILL 01-02-08 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
I thought twinks was a term for homosexual dudes. (lee)

Seriously...

You MMO people have some strange names for things. :wtf:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking

crainger 01-02-08 05:57 PM

LOL I thought this was a spam thread because I've always through twink = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink_(gay_slang)

methimpikehoses 01-02-08 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
LOL I thought this was a spam thread because I've always through twink = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink_(gay_slang)

I find it suspicious that you thought this was a spam thread and didn't visit it. :bleh:

crainger 01-02-08 06:19 PM

What's the point in posting in a thread that's going to be deleted. ::):

methimpikehoses 01-02-08 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
What's the point in posting in a thread that's going to be deleted. ::):

I thought spam was an end in itself. Anyway, do you lose your post count when a thread is deleted?

*urinates on the staff water cooler*