nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What is the most intensive stabilty test (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105723)

D!Z 01-06-08 05:30 PM

What is the most intensive stabilty test

Hi , guys, i see alot of people using diffrent programs like prime 95, OCCT, Orthos x2 i would like to know what you think is the most intensive. This is for testing the quad. Thanks

andy_nv 01-06-08 06:07 PM

Re: What is the most intensive stabilty test

Prime 95 with small FFTs.

Zapablast05 01-06-08 06:18 PM

You can use orthos with the priority set to 10, or 4 separate orthos' running with the stability at 2-4.

crainger 01-06-08 06:39 PM

Minesweeper.

sytaylor 01-06-08 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
Minesweeper.

Have you seen that ink pen thing that comes with vista? That game is pretty cool, kinda reminded me of portal but on a much smaller scale.

Madpistol 01-06-08 07:34 PM

Whatever happened to TAT? The temps on that outweigh the temps on Prime and Orthos by around 3 C.

Zapablast05 01-06-08 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sytaylor
Have you seen that ink pen thing that comes with vista? That game is pretty cool, kinda reminded me of portal but on a much smaller scale.

qfmft!

Xion X2 01-07-08 12:41 PM

Madpistol's right. TAT (Intel Thermal Analysis Tool) is the most intense stressing program out there. Will get your CPU hotter than anything else.

Absolution 01-20-08 07:03 AM

TAT isn't compatible with x64 operating systems to my knowledge
use orthos if you are on such a system

Madpistol 01-20-08 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolution
TAT isn't compatible with x64 operating systems to my knowledge
use orthos if you are on such a system

True.

$n][pErMan 01-20-08 01:13 PM

I run two instances of Orthos... one runs on CPU 0 & 1 and the other runs on CPU 2 & 3. I then set one test for small FFT's and the other to do a blend (which still maxes the other cores and tests the memory). I do that after testing all 4 cores on small FFT's :)

MustangSVT 01-20-08 01:42 PM

I use Prime95, one instance on one core, a 2nd instance on the second core. Both on custom torture setting I found on some forum. Left it running for over 1 hour, no errors no freezes no anything, it did 100% on both cores and I was browsing the internet in the meantime as well, computer response and all that was still fine, no slowdowns. :D