nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Just finished the game on Hard and... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106181)

Madpistol 01-13-08 09:52 PM

Just finished the game on Hard and...

I'm disappointed. I didn't struggle to get through the game. I didn't sweat. Heck, I didn't even die that much. I was hoping that I would get so frustrated that I would quit 1/2 way through the game because it was so damn difficult, but it just didn't happen...

Has anyone completed the game on its hardest setting? what are your impressions? Is it worth it to play through the game one more time so I can really be put to the test?

XxDeadlyxX 01-13-08 10:03 PM

Re: Just finished the game on Hard and...

I would play on Delta but there is no crosshair... screw that.

Unless there is a way around this?

crainger 01-13-08 10:06 PM

Yes. Play through again with the Natural mod. It makes it a whole new game. No I'm serious. Don't listen to m3dude. It's a new game. Just don't invalidated you opinion without clarification or we will examine you parenting skills with a mock marriage to Michael Flatley.

crainger 01-13-08 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxDeadlyxX
I would play on Delta but there is no crosshair... screw that.

Unless there is a way around this?

Edit the difficulty cfgs?

Jonelo 01-13-08 11:21 PM

Maybe in the menu ?

crainger 01-13-08 11:36 PM

Menus are for console babies! PC gamers do it all through cfgs!

Nanosuitguy 01-14-08 04:01 AM

Exactly...

Loreman 01-14-08 05:35 AM

The cross hair is gone so you use the iron sights. The iron sights ARE the cross hair.

Who shoots from the hip in this game anyway? You would miss everything at anything beyond close - medium range.

Loreman 01-14-08 05:39 AM

Also I found Delta difficulty ridiculously easy.

If you behave like you dont want to get hit by any bullets, use single shot on most assualt rifles it is crazy easy.

I would hope there was another settings in difficulty that enabled you to remove the suit functions or something.

On my second play through on Delta I challenged myself by not using any suit powers (cept strength to get to area's you need to go). And sometimes by trying to complete a whole level with just the pistol say.

Another great challenge is completing a whole level without firing a shot and no suit powers. All hand to hand and throwing items or stealth.

mcolbourn 01-14-08 08:01 AM

I also finished the game on Sunday afternoon and it was a good game imo its good untill the later alien levels the first lvls are the best. I am looking forward to the next game and will now try the play on delta.

brady 01-14-08 08:08 AM

I've been playing it through again on Delta and I'd say it's not too hard if you don't run around like an idiot. If you find good cover and use cloak you can easily take out entire villages of baddies without even being hit.

Nanosuitguy 01-14-08 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brady
I've been playing it through again on Delta and I'd say it's not too hard if you don't run around like an idiot. If you find good cover and use cloak you can easily take out entire villages of baddies without even being hit.

Cloak = cheating... ;)