nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   I quite WoW today (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106237)

nVJoe 01-14-08 04:34 PM

I quite WoW today

True story. I turned my account over to a long time WoW buddy and left the game. This damn game sucked 3 years out of my life.

I want to go back to playing games casually. I just want to rent a game every so often and have fun playing it with my son.

I hope I can stay away from WoW this time.

grey_1 01-14-08 04:40 PM

Re: I quite WoW today

:rofl

Sorry Bro, I had something good to put here and I just can't.

Go get yer 3 years back, I'm pulling for ya! :D

KasuCode 01-14-08 04:45 PM

Grats dude. Did you get the patch?

I played hardcore for a very long time. Had 320 days before I quit. That was 8 months ago. Ive full cleared every instance mc to nax. And quit just after I got into SC. I quit and sold to make sure I never play again.

2 weeks ago I bought the game all over again with a new account to level a 70 incase I decide to play WOTL. Currently level 62.

thor1182 01-14-08 04:46 PM

Good for you for making an important step on the road to recovery from WoW.

Now the trick will be to stay away when WoTLK comes out.

zoomy942 01-14-08 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nVJoe
True story. I turned my account over to a long time WoW buddy and left the game. This damn game sucked 3 years out of my life.

I want to go back to playing games casually. I just want to rent a game every so often and have fun playing it with my son.

I hope I can stay away from WoW this time.

now just try out some Guild Wars!

nVJoe 01-14-08 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanonecode
Grats dude. Did you get the patch?

I played hardcore for a very long time. Had 320 days before I quit. That was 8 months ago. Ive full cleared every instance mc to nax. And quit just after I got into SC. I quit and sold to make sure I never play again.

2 weeks ago I bought the game all over again with a new account to level a 70 incase I decide to play WOTL. Currently level 62.

Yeah, I've played this game since 2 months after its release. We had MC and BWL on farm. I quit that guild went to the horde side and PVPd for about a year. Came back and played a number of toons to 70. I didn't raid much after I went to the horde side because I hated raiding. It became a job and I already get paid at my day job so I only played with a small group of friends. It was fun and still is. I just have to move on. My 8 year old son said to me last night "you love that game more than me". That really hit me hard. So I turned the account over and quit.

I have quit before but I came back. The trick now is to fill that part of you life with something meaningful.

I have played Guild Wars since it first came out. It is fun but it isn't addicting. First off you can't jump in the game. Don't know why but that really bugs me. Great looking game and fairly fun but not enough to hold me.

I really like to play TF2. I am not addicted to it so I can play for a bit in the evenings and go to bed.

nVJoe 01-14-08 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grey_1
:rofl

Sorry Bro, I had something good to put here and I just can't.

Go get yer 3 years back, I'm pulling for ya! :D

You can never go back as you know. You just have to rebuild relationships and form new ones from where you are now.

|MaguS| 01-14-08 05:45 PM

So want my WHO Beta Account? :o

zoomy942 01-14-08 05:45 PM

for me, the draw of GW is i can accomplish something in a quick hour or 2, unlike WoW which takes 6 hours just to kind of do anything.

zoomy942 01-14-08 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
So want my WHO Beta Account? :o

whats WHO?

|MaguS| 01-14-08 05:47 PM

Um nothing really takes too long to accomplish in WoW... EQ now thats a different story.

nVJoe 01-14-08 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Um nothing really takes too long to accomplish in WoW... EQ now thats a different story.

True but WoW has so much to do that is sucks all your time up just like EQ. Sorry but if you are going to compare games, WoW is far FAR superior to EQ and EQ2. The game is more refined, better planned and it doesn't punish the players. EQ is for those who hate life, hate their family and hate them selves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoomy942
whats WHO?

Warhammer Online