nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Console World (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   What PS3 game should I get first. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106253)

KasuCode 01-14-08 10:14 PM

What PS3 game should I get first.

I was thinking about getting one if theres a game that will keep me happy. I dont want an FPS unless it has a great story. Id get one maybe 2 games. I planed on getting one for MGS4 and FF13 anyways. I gave my lil brother my 360 and im running out of pc games.

Blackcat 01-14-08 10:21 PM

Re: What PS3 game should I get first.

Get Uncharted. Very cool game, combination of Prince of Persia and GOW. Can't believe that this game does not get more attention than it does.

1337_Like_ThaT 01-14-08 10:41 PM

Heavinly Sword or Ratchet & Clank if you want superb graphics adventure game

Bman212121 01-15-08 12:20 AM

I would go browse the PS store and try some of the stuff out that's in there. Make sure you get GT:HD, pixel junk, and lemmings. ;)

Bad_Boy 01-15-08 12:22 AM

uncharted.
-tons of replay value for a SP only game.
-best looking console game out.
-great gameplay & good story.

ratchet & clank, warhawk, HL2 orange box, and resistance would make fine second choices.

christos 01-15-08 06:12 AM

Unchartered or Ractchet & Clank

DJMONDY 01-15-08 07:50 AM

Warhawk - freaking awsome!

|MaguS| 01-15-08 08:45 AM

Uncharted or Warhawk

EDIT, Don't forget about the PSN games... Super Stardust HD has been keeping more busy then many retail titles. Also add us to your friends list. :p

KasuCode 01-15-08 03:19 PM

I always thought ratchet was like a kids game or something. Is it decently mature? (as in no winy kid voice overs or anything like that) How are the uncharted controls? I didnt really like tomb rider. And I do plan on getting games on PSN I just wanted to buy a game or two with it when i first got it. I like good stories with relaxing game play when I play consoles.

Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

muaddib 01-15-08 03:23 PM

Get Uncharted. The new R&C simply lost the charm it had with the PS2 installments, IMO.

|MaguS| 01-15-08 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanonecode
I always thought ratchet was like a kids game or something. Is it decently mature? (as in no winy kid voice overs or anything like that) How are the uncharted controls? I didnt really like tomb rider. And I do plan on getting games on PSN I just wanted to buy a game or two with it when i first got it. I like good stories with relaxing game play when I play consoles.

Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

Rachet is like a pixar movie, it has kid and adult theme/jokes. Its great writing.

Uncharted is like playing an indiana jones game... its amazing the entire way through.

NaitoSan 01-15-08 08:21 PM

uncharted! motostorm is also very fun, i keep laughing with that game. hmm, yeah i think that's all. oh yeah, folklore too. r&c is also great.