nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   bkswaney's GeForce FX 5800 Ultra report (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10633)

VoodooNinja 04-22-03 10:57 PM

bkswaney, where are you? GeForce FX Ultra report?

I've been waiting for your firsthand account on your new GeForce FX 5800 Ultra.

bkswaney 04-23-03 04:44 AM

It was late when I got it installed. "3.30am"
I've not had anytime much with it.

But so far l love it. :D

IQ is not as good as the 9700 but I knew it was not going to be.
The fan is not that loud. I'm used to fans so it's not a problem at all. :)

I'll post a lot more info today.

RobHague 04-23-03 11:40 AM

Let the guy enjoy his purchase ;) sure he will be back with some info soon. :D

I see one thing by owners (including myself) of this that gets mentioned everytime. The build quality of the cards is SUPURB. :D I challenge anyone to show me a card this well made.

saturnotaku 04-23-03 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RobHague
The build quality of the cards is SUBURB.
Suburban video cards! :D

Onde Pik 04-23-03 01:19 PM

Hmm I have trouble seeing the justification in buying a GFFX when u already have the R9700P. The GFFX is the inferior product, so... well it is beyond me.

marcocom 04-23-03 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Onde Pik
Hmm I have trouble seeing the justification in buying a GFFX when u already have the R9700P. The GFFX is the inferior product, so... well it is beyond me.
nah bro. the FX ultra on DDR2 smokes up a 9700 in everything except when a few driver-level effects are applied.

i agree that no one should upgrade from the 9700pro to anything but the nv35...but that old 9700pro aint got nothing on my 5800ultra. thats a myth and every new driver version proves it more and more.

but theyre certainly close as hell and the age of the 9700pro means that it was unquestionably the 'card to own' last year and this year in terms of value and just about everything. frankly, i wish i had purchased one when they had released. (except no dual-cpu support makes it impossible) i would be definitely waiting for nv35

however, it also works when a user like bkswaney just sells the card, gets roughly half the money to upgrade to the latest. (for me, it seems cheap. i mean...i spend alot more on snowboard equipment and that stuff only gets used 5 times a year!)

Typedef Enum 04-23-03 02:45 PM

Quote:

nah bro. the FX ultra on DDR2 smokes up a 9700 in everything except when a few driver-level effects are applied.
That's funny...I just read HardOCP's review of the 9800 Pro yesterday...which, all we all know, ain't that much faster than the 9700...and it completely trashed the FX in every significant metric.

I'm sorry, but the way you phrased it (above) would make one think you worked for the Iraqi Information ministry.

jAkUp 04-23-03 04:51 PM

the geforcefx is faster when 0 or 2xaa is used

BigFish7 04-23-03 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Typedef Enum
That's funny...I just read HardOCP's review of the 9800 Pro yesterday...which, all we all know, ain't that much faster than the 9700...and it completely trashed the FX in every significant metric.

I'm sorry, but the way you phrased it (above) would make one think you worked for the Iraqi Information ministry.

well i don';t know about you but from what i have seen they got really strange results, and lets not forget about drivers...
first i want to see a "new" official version (meaning detonators5) and then judge the card when it's using its true potential...
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Btw i know'll say:"yeah yeah another Nvidiot"...
but as i said we'll just wait and see..
P.S. i think that when the new det will be out nvidia
5800U = +- ATI's 9800 & 5600U = +- ATI's 9600pro. (overall)

Typedef Enum 04-23-03 07:25 PM

Those results were using nVidia's...and let's not forget the fact that nVidia _still_ hasn't produced WHQL drivers yet...But HardOCP's review used the drivers available on nVidia's website.

I see nothing wrong there whatsoever.

GlowStick 04-23-03 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Onde Pik
Most GeforceFX's are getting higher 3dmark03 scores than me, with the new betas no IQ loss in any of the tests : O

But id buy my card again over a GfFX, but then again who cares!

Sphinx 04-23-03 07:34 PM

"thats a myth and every new driver version proves it more and more"

Execuse me you mean NVIDIA Drivers ? - The ones you can get from Noob Sites wich are proud to announce the first of releasing NOT WHQL Cerified LEAKED Drivers