nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   WoW Reaches 10 Million Subscribers! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106823)

mojoman0 01-24-08 07:26 PM

WoW Reaches 10 Million Subscribers!

Yikes...good thing I've never come close to touching this game!

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/p...scribers.shtml

wshadow 01-24-08 07:28 PM

Re: WoW Reaches 10 Million Subscribers!

hmmm $15 a month times 10 million...plus like $40 for the game and like $30 per expansion...Someone is rich.

Blizzard has come a long way...best game was of course Diablo 1, even though it was like a few monthes late.

Severian126 01-24-08 07:32 PM

The monthly charges for the game differs from region to region. I know the US has a $15 monthly fee, but I believe China and other parts of the world has a much lower fee. Regardless, they are making an insane amount of money off this game.

Dvahlish 01-29-08 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian126
The monthly charges for the game differs from region to region. I know the US has a $15 monthly fee, but I believe China and other parts of the world has a much lower fee. Regardless, they are making an insane amount of money off this game.

Yeh in Aus we pay $17 a month.
Happy to pay it, its a great game that gives me hours of entertainment :)

Blizz deserve the money they get for providing a great MMORPG with great ingame service IMHO.

yuriz43 01-30-08 01:30 AM

Hopefully they continue to make good games with that money. It seems like there are fewer and fewer good PC game companies these days.

Monolyth 01-30-08 09:46 AM

Blizz always releases solid games, despite all of the small complaints from players in WoW, the overall game runs very well I knew after closed beta Blizz had a winner on their hands (but honestly what game hasn't been a winner for Blizzard?)

J-Mag 01-30-08 11:33 AM

WoW! That's close to $2 BILLION / year...

nVJoe 01-30-08 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wshadow
hmmm $15 a month times 10 million...plus like $40 for the game and like $30 per expansion...Someone is rich.

Blizzard has come a long way...best game was of course Diablo 1, even though it was like a few monthes late.

WoW has bee $20 for over a year but yeah it was selling well at the $40 price point.

Dvahlish 01-30-08 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolyth
Blizz always releases solid games, despite all of the small complaints from players in WoW, the overall game runs very well I knew after closed beta Blizz had a winner on their hands (but honestly what game hasn't been a winner for Blizzard?)

So true.
I have been a gamer for many years and never before has a game captivated me quite as much as wow.
There will always be people that like to complain about the game, but there will always be people that complain in general.

I find that wow has treated me well, I enjoy it and hope to for quite some time.

lIqUID 01-31-08 07:17 PM

yet they still can't manage to keep my AVs AFKer free. Its funny they make so much money yet rely on PAYING customers to police their battlegrounds for them.

Rakeesh 01-31-08 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wshadow

Actually I paid $10 for the wow battle chest, and through combining the two trials they offer that includes 50 days. And I found two 60 day time cards for cheap ($18 each,) so like almost $46 for nearly 6 months, and by the time I finish em up I'll probably be done with the game.

So there are exceptions :D

Dvahlish 01-31-08 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lIqUID
yet they still can't manage to keep my AVs AFKer free. Its funny they make so much money yet rely on PAYING customers to police their battlegrounds for them.

I was told they had an anti afk thin gy in place now and yet a couple of nights ago I noticed 2 afk'ers in my AV.
It annoys me SO much!

Its selfish and lets the rest of your side down.
I get down right abusive with them now.