nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Console World (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   I got my Wii back... IT'S STILL NOT FIXED!!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106928)

Madpistol 01-26-08 08:14 PM

I got my Wii back... IT'S STILL NOT FIXED!!!

I don't believe this! I'm still getting green pixels on the screen that are definitely artifacts, even after I RMA'd it. I'm going to have to RMA it again!

What is wrong with this generation of consoles? Everyone one of them is ****ed up. They each have severe defects that weren't identified in its developement, and now its pissing off consumers. I even talked to the tech support woman at nintendo about how I got another defective unit, and she said "it's like you won the lottery or something... I don't know how this could have happened."... great, where's my ****ing $5 million paycheck? :headexplode:

God... if they don't fix it this time, I'm going to absolutely lose it. :thumbdwn:

|MaguS| 01-26-08 09:09 PM

Re: I got my Wii back... IT'S STILL NOT FIXED!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madpistol

What is wrong with this generation of consoles? Everyone one of them is ****ed up. They each have severe defects that weren't identified in its developement, and now its pissing off consumers. :

You mean the Wii and X360 have a consistent defect in the failures... I have yet to hear of any major issue with the PS3's.

Not saying the PS3 is 100% flawless but there are no reports of a large failure rate or even a "known" issue for the system.

tornadog 01-26-08 09:21 PM

is this a widespread problem with the wii? This is the first time I am hearing a wii being RMAed

LORD-eX-Bu 01-26-08 09:33 PM

:headexplode:

|MaguS| 01-26-08 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tornadog
is this a widespread problem with the wii? This is the first time I am hearing a wii being RMAed

I have seen a handful of poeple claiming artifacts with the Wii, I don't think its too widespread though. Probably a bad batch or something.

nekrosoft13 01-26-08 10:04 PM

whats the temp in your room? where do you keep the wii?

Madpistol 01-26-08 11:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
whats the temp in your room? where do you keep the wii?

We keep the temp on the thermostat between 70 and 71F. It's incredibly cold outside, so I'd say it's around 65-68 indoors in our main room. It's definitely not too warm. I've even put my hand in the area where it stays while it's running. The air feels completely cool. We've tried putting the console both vertically on the stand and horizontally. It doesn't help. I've actually got a few pics of the artifacts too.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/atta...4&d=1201409614

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/atta...5&d=1201409614

First pic is of Twilight Princess. Second is from Metroid Prime Corruption. Both games are running @ 480p. Artifacts are still present when running @ 480i, but it's not nearly as apparent because the signal is much weaker.

EDIT: The TV is a 30" Panasonic HDTV (CRT). However, we've also tested this wii on a 40" Sony LCD. The artifacts are present on both TV's.

Madpistol 01-27-08 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
You mean the Wii and X360 have a consistent defect in the failures... I have yet to hear of any major issue with the PS3's.

Not saying the PS3 is 100% flawless but there are no reports of a large failure rate or even a "known" issue for the system.

Here's an issue... the damn things won't sell. That makes the system as a whole a failure. :p

Q 01-27-08 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I have seen a handful of poeple claiming artifacts with the Wii, I don't think its too widespread though. Probably a bad batch or something.

My GF's got an early one that has the issue. It only shows when 24/7 is on, thankfully.

Xion X2 01-27-08 11:18 AM

Maybe it's a signal issue with the cable. Have you tried running the standard cable on a standard def TV? Does it still artifact?

mezkal 01-27-08 11:26 AM

That doesn't look like a cable issue. The pixel render is screwed up, looks like VRAM corruption.

Xion X2 01-27-08 12:02 PM

Yeah, I agree. I'm just trying to think of something else it could be, because Nintendo's systems don't fail that often. 2 in a row is really odd.