nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Bluray will not win the war. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=108045)

Zelda_fan 02-14-08 12:35 AM

Bluray will not win the war.

HD-DVD might be dead, but blu-ray will isn't going to win.

I will not pay $400 for a blu-ray player. EVER. I will not pay $30 per movie for a blu-ray movie. EVER. I have a feeling a lot of people feel this way.

I will stick with SD-DVD until it dies.

Apollo 13 02-14-08 12:37 AM

Re: Bluray will not win the war.

OK...so it won't win because you say so?

six_storm 02-14-08 12:44 AM

Blu-Ray has won the format war. But it hasn't won the standard war against SD-DVD. I wouldn't even expect it to take over for another 10 years lol. By that time something better will debut.

jAkUp 02-14-08 12:48 AM

My next purchase will be a Blu-ray player :D My HD-DVD player will still be right next to it though :)

Amuro 02-14-08 01:08 AM

I don't give a crap about who wins. I'm still using standard DVD. I've had PS3 for a year but I haven't bought any blu-ray video title.

XxDeadlyxX 02-14-08 01:09 AM

I dont see how this is any different to the change from VHS-DVD, hardware and software prices eventually fall...

mullet 02-14-08 01:11 AM

All I want is bargain bin HD DVD's. I am sure down the road there will be software to convert HD DVD's over to a blu-ray disk.

NaitoSan 02-14-08 02:38 AM

Blu-ray isn't going away anytime soon. In Feb 2009, everyone should or will have HDTV and sales of Blu-ray players/movies will increase a lot more, and with help of PS3 and maybe Blu-ray addon for X360. The prices will drop as time goes by when production becomes cheaper on players/discs.

nekrosoft13 02-14-08 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullet
All I want is bargain bin HD DVD's. I am sure down the road there will be software to convert HD DVD's over to a blu-ray disk.

you can do that now ;)

all you need is

AnyDVD HD
EVOdemux - freeware
TSremux - freewaer

and then bd burner,

ViN86 02-14-08 10:32 AM

pfft, dont care about BD atm.

upconverted DVD ftw. i mean hell, i already have 100 DVD's.

S.I.N 02-14-08 10:57 AM

This thread is telling. So some of you don't even have hi-def movie player yet jump in threads disputing quality and choosing favorite format? All while still on DVD? Ridiculous. Evilchris was real good. What posers. Yeah stick to your DVDs.:rofl

Tygerwoody 02-14-08 12:28 PM

Ummmm... Excuse me for asking. But I thought BluRay was in "war" against HD-DVD? HD-DVD is dead.... doesn't that mean Blu-Ray won? Maybe I'm missing something here....

And talking about "future" formats is pretty rediculous. Thats like saying the NES console did not "win" because many many years later another console started selling more.

BluRay won. Get over it. I have.