nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   I proclaim.... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=108108)

Dvahlish 02-14-08 08:03 PM

I proclaim....

It to be international boycott Blades Edge Month!
and...SAY NO TO OGRES!!!!

No more...ogres please.......

Whats your least fav area to quest in wow?
(apart from the Barrens...we allllllllllllll hate that)

spirited1 02-14-08 08:11 PM

Re: I proclaim....

All of them. I hate quests. There's only so many bear pelts/ears/noses/arses I can stand to collect. Once you've done the one, you've done them all. Stupid NPC's with their stupid "hey over here, you friggin sheep" exclamation marks over their heads. And this goes too for EQ2 and LOTRO.

(I know, there's a few exceptional quests that are definitely worth doing, but there's too much rubbish filler mixed in).

Dvahlish 02-14-08 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spirited1
All of them. I hate quests. There's only so many bear pelts/ears/noses/arses I can stand to collect. Once you've done the one, you've done them all. Stupid NPC's with their stupid "hey over here, you friggin sheep" exclamation marks over their heads. And this goes too for EQ2 and LOTRO.

(I know, there's a few exceptional quests that are definitely worth doing, but there's too much rubbish filler mixed in).

I think at last count there were 5 quests worth doing in the whole of Azeroth.
As for OL....well, the quests arent to bad....although I was dissapointed to see that Nessingwary had his famous camp of wild animal carnage set up....and at least the quest rewards are decent......and, there isnt too much travelling in between places.
But....
The ogres....

No more ogres.............

|MaguS| 02-14-08 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Random drop rates for objects you can actually SEE on a creature, like pelts, legs, tales, etc, are what really piss me off.

Thats my biggest gripe with all MMOs, if im suppose to get wolf fangs then every wolf should drop them...

Dvahlish 02-14-08 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
I really hated the quests that had the ridiculous drop rates.

Like where you needed to get 20 turtle shells....but only 1 out of 50 turtles would actually have a shell you could loot, even though you could obviously SEE the shell on the corpse.

Random drop rates for objects you can actually SEE on a creature, like pelts, legs, tales, etc, are what really piss me off.

Yeh....I know those ones well...
I would quite often quest with my bf and so we would need twice as many...
I often used to be seen yelling out "drop your damn spleen,heart,ear,fang,arsehole....I know you have one!!!"

But still..not as bad as the ogres.............................
Seriously, I have begun dreaming about them at night.

OldOfEvil 02-15-08 04:15 AM

Whats wrong with BEM? Good dailies there.

Quote:

Whats your least fav area to quest in wow?
STV

I don't even like to gank there, that place is such a cluster ****.

Rakeesh 02-15-08 05:56 AM

You know what quests really piss me off more than anything? The quests where you have to kill so many of a certain type of mob, and that mob is scarce to begin with, and as if that wasn't bad enough, a different type of mob will randomly respawn in its place.

I had that happen with the stupid savage owlbeast quest in hinterlands recently. I just left and came back the next day to finish it. If it weren't for druid track humanoid I probably would have skipped it entirely.

Most of these quests really suck and really lack originality and most of the time the rewards suck. Good thing there are plenty of allies to kill in these places or else this game would be pretty boring. I can't stand non-pvp servers for this reason, I have an alt on one and I rarely ever touch it.

yuriz43 02-15-08 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
Whats wrong with BEM? Good dailies there.

STV

I don't even like to gank there, that place is such a cluster ****.

wow, you must be on a high pop server. It seems most pre BC zones are empty on my server.

thor1182 02-15-08 08:21 AM

I agree, BEM was a pain to quest in. I skipped a bunch the second time around. Of course I was able to fly over a lot of the BS when I was in there as a druid...

I blocked out the old world from my mind, we shall not speak of it again.

Tr1cK 02-15-08 08:26 AM

With 3 70s, I have never once had to go to Blades Edge to quest. I always managed 62 by the time I left Hellfire, 64-65 thru Zangarmarsh, 68 thru Terrokar and Nagrand, then got 70 in SMV and Netherstorm.

Monolyth 02-15-08 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK
With 3 70s, I have never once had to go to Blades Edge to quest. I always managed 62 by the time I left Hellfire, 64-65 thru Zangarmarsh, 68 thru Terrokar and Nagrand, then got 70 in SMV and Netherstorm.

BEM did kinda suck to quest in, but if you run the Toshley Power Station quest on the "punter" you can get to a lot of the quest areas you need to be and complete another quest in the process.

I would never skip BEM quests, NStorm & SMV are my epic mount quest farm zones when I get a char to 70. There's so much money in those top-level 70 quests it's insane. You'll finish 1/2 the quest in NStorm and have 500+ gold in your pocket. ;)

Tr1cK 02-15-08 12:42 PM

I think most of my toons hit 70 right as I entered SMV and Netherstorm. So all of that quest money was 225 riding skill money. The toons were all fully rested and capped at 60 before the expansion though, so that may make a big difference.