nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   WoW: Deleted my toons (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=108314)

nVJoe 02-18-08 01:25 PM

WoW: Deleted my toons

Just before my account expired, I went in and deleted all my toons. LMAO!

I really do hate this game. Life is so much more.... REAL now that I am not stuck behind a monitor late into the night playing a game. I don't have this problem with FPS. I can play them for a half and hour or so and then go get stuff done around the house.

My life back FTW!

|MaguS| 02-18-08 02:57 PM

Re: WoW: Deleted my toons

Wuss

Dvahlish 02-18-08 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nVJoe

I really do hate this game. Life is so much more.... REAL now that I am not stuck behind a monitor late into the night playing a game. I don't have this problem with FPS. I can play them for a half and hour or so and then go get stuff done around the house.

My life back FTW!

If it really was affecting your life that badly, then you did the right thing.
I have seen a lot of ppl spend wayyyyy to much time playing wow and doing little else.

I have always been quite lucky that I can take it or leave it.
My bf and I both play, and we live togther....so instead of watching a movie or tv in an evening we will play wow together.

We are also very good at letting each other know when we think we have been playing to long and its time to go out and have a break :)

Phyre 02-18-08 04:25 PM

I was doing the hardcore raiding thing until last year. I stopped when we downed Illidan. Now, I just do the occasional arena on the rogue and am leveling the lock to 70. But, yes, things are so much more relaxed, and I'm actually being a productive engineer (IRL) getting stuff done after hours.

P.S. Oh, I enjoy having the weekends back to do with what I please. There is no more farming for repair bills or consumables on the weekends. YAY!

Tr1cK 02-18-08 04:48 PM

**** raiding. I learned my lesson in MC days when the rest of my life went to ****.

nVJoe 02-18-08 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK
**** raiding. I learned my lesson in MC days when the rest of my life went to ****.

No kidding. Hours upon hours, days upon days of slogging through MC. Then a repeat of BWL. We finally bring him down and Pally crap drops. No thanks.

Bring Conan on! I want to waste my life in that game. LMAO! At least it has bar fights.

darkrider01 02-20-08 03:22 PM

Quote:

No kidding. Hours upon hours, days upon days of slogging through MC. Then a repeat of BWL. We finally bring him down and Pally crap drops. No thanks.

Bring Conan on! I want to waste my life in that game. LMAO! At least it has bar fights.

FYI: Conan rules. I've been Beta testing for a few months now, and I must say that it wins. It still has tons of bugs to work out, but oh man does it deliver the Conan Universe. I just hope that the final product stays true to what we see in game right now (i.e. not-safe-for-children).

Tr1cK 02-20-08 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkrider01
FYI: Conan rules. I've been Beta testing for a few months now, and I must say that it wins. It still has tons of bugs to work out, but oh man does it deliver the Conan Universe. I just hope that the final product stays true to what we see in game right now (i.e. not-safe-for-children).

That would be nice, but I doubt it will stay rated R for long. Typical idiot parents will get it for their kids without paying any mind as to the content. Then the parent will catch a glimpse of what the game has in it and file some idiotic lawsuit with Jack Thompson as their lawyer.

nVJoe 02-20-08 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkrider01

DUDE! PM me your impressions on it. I want to know about the combat system. Is it a pain in the butt, is it too complicated. How about general feel of the game!

More than any game out there, I have wanted to play this one. I love the look at the game. WoW is too pretty for me but Conan is dirty, dark and gritty. I love that. YEAH BABY! it makes me hawt. Ok so I when a bit to far there. Any way PM me. Tanks.

Ninjaman09 02-22-08 12:32 PM

Quote:

My life back FTW!

I think I should do the same thing. I've been playing it nonstop for about 2 months now (and regularly since release) and have found myself opting out of spending time with friends, family etc. Like you said it's the only game I can't just play for like 30 minutes or so and then do something else. I want to stop playing it but I keep thinking of reasons to keep playing. In fact the thought patterns I've been experiencing are alarmingly similar to quitting cigarette smoking! I go through these phases with the game where I burn myself out, stop for a week or two, then go back to it full-force. It really is a waste of time and I'm probably missing out on a lot of other things by continuing to pour time into it. Also I think it's making me slightly antisocial and irritable.

Tr1cK 02-22-08 01:10 PM

The main thing that keeps me from staying on it so much is wife aggro. I know my RL obligations > WoW any day.

|MaguS| 02-22-08 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK
The main thing that keeps me from staying on it so much is wife aggro. I know my RL obligations > WoW any day.

Because you have common sense... You see nVJoe lacks that, you know being Republican and all...