nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   I finally set down and finished Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=108337)

john19055 02-18-08 06:49 PM

I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
Once I got the setting looking how I liked them in Windows XP with everthing set to high and a few very high tweaks and other tweaks at 1920x1200. I stayed in the 40's most of the time,hitting in the 50's in some area's and dropping to 25 in other things ,but all in all it was very smooth and if I did'nt have fraps on I would have never known it hit in the 20's sometimes.Flying the plane or what ever it was ,was the funnest .The liquid cavern or the place where you floated and shot at squid people got boaring quick ,I kept getting lost.The ending was ok could have been better.
Far Cry was a lot longer to me and it got ridiculous hard and repetitive at the end with all those frankinstein looking monsters.Did the credits ever end or did it just repeat itself.I kept waiting and waiting ,they thank everybody in ever country I think there was.It had the longest credits of any game I can remember playing.Now I got to figure out which game I want to play next ,I have bought Quake 4,Command and Conquer 3,BioShock,Stalker,Fear mandate,PainKiller Overdose and I have only opened Quake 4 and played a couple of levels.

crainger 02-18-08 07:02 PM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
Yeah. They were great credits.

Dual Core Joe 02-18-08 07:26 PM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
I didnt care for the liquid area either. They could have dumped that level as far as Im concerned.

methimpikehoses 02-18-08 07:33 PM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dual Core Joe
I didnt care for the liquid area either. They could have dumped that level as far as Im concerned.

The inspiration for the level actually came while when one of the developers was taking a dump and dropped his watch in the toilet.

Now you know.

Rummy 02-18-08 08:04 PM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
The inspiration for the level actually came while when one of the developers was taking a dump and dropped his watch in the toilet.

Now you know.


:lol2:

Dual Core Joe 02-18-08 08:14 PM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
OK. Im ready for Crysis 2.:D

SeriTonin 02-18-08 09:49 PM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dual Core Joe
OK. Im ready for Crysis 2.:D

15 expansions to suffer through first. :(

crainger 02-18-08 11:10 PM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
ahem... Crysis 2 (Coming on PC and consoles)

In Crysis 2 we find ourselves after a prophet gone crazy. The aliens implanted him with something, he ofcourse left before it could take hold, giving him extensive knowledge of the aliens, but he didn't leave quickly enough to stop them taking control eventually. In the end we must battle Phophet in a show stopping Nanosuit vs Nanosuit battle while the aliens sneak of with that bitch who likes us a little. Psycho will cuss a little more in British and we willll probably have a brief encounter with some more Koreans, no doubt they have battle suits by now.

The End. Until Crysis 3, which will probably be console only due to the downfall of the PC master race.

methimpikehoses 02-18-08 11:29 PM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
ahem... Crysis 2 (Coming on PC and consoles)

In Crysis 2 we find ourselves after a prophet gone crazy. The aliens implanted him with something, he ofcourse left before it could take hold, giving him extensive knowledge of the aliens, but he didn't leave quickly enough to stop them taking control eventually. In the end we must battle Phophet in a show stopping Nanosuit vs Nanosuit battle while the aliens sneak of with that bitch who likes us a little. Psycho will cuss a little more in British and we willll probably have a brief encounter with some more Koreans, no doubt they have battle suits by now.

The End. Until Crysis 3, which will probably be console only due to the downfall of the PC master race.

:wonder:

jAkUp 02-19-08 01:22 AM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
Yea the spaceship level was pretty cool at first, but it got pretty old quick. Other than that the game was great.

ClosetFanBoy 02-19-08 01:28 AM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger
ahem... Crysis 2 (Coming on PC and consoles)

In Crysis 2 we find ourselves after a prophet gone crazy. The aliens implanted him with something, he ofcourse left before it could take hold, giving him extensive knowledge of the aliens, but he didn't leave quickly enough to stop them taking control eventually. In the end we must battle Phophet in a show stopping Nanosuit vs Nanosuit battle while the aliens sneak of with that bitch who likes us a little. Psycho will cuss a little more in British and we willll probably have a brief encounter with some more Koreans, no doubt they have battle suits by now.

The End. Until Crysis 3, which will probably be console only due to the downfall of the PC master race.

You mean, we dont get to be Psycho! :(

crainger 02-19-08 05:42 PM

Re: I finally set down and finished Crysis
 
No. You're Nomad!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.