nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   precision t7400 beats skulltrail (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=108551)

isotron 02-21-08 10:55 AM

precision t7400 beats skulltrail

hey,

i often read somethink about the skulltrail, and often people and magazines (CT, gamestar) say : "it is the fastest Desk PC"
So i tested my Precision T7400, and beat the skulltrail with 1000 points more.

u can see here: h__p://youtube.com/watch?v=_fM1XaAxxWs

;)

Madpistol 02-21-08 11:27 AM

Re: precision t7400 beats skulltrail

so why can't you post the link?

all you had to do was this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_fM1XaAxxWs

isotron 02-21-08 11:31 AM

i post it. without tt in the http, because i am against to much tracking :)

Madpistol 02-21-08 11:35 AM

I just watched the video...

Do you realize how much money is required to get one of those workstations? just upping the processor to the X5460 pushes the price over $3000 for the computer.

And why are we comparing a workstation computer to an enthusiast performance part? They're in 2 different markets. On another note, buy a less expensive skulltrail motherboard, and overclock your processors, whatever they may be, and you save tons of money compared to the workstation.

Sorry, but I just don't see the relevance of this thread.

Logical 02-21-08 11:57 AM

Lol Pwned :D

isotron 02-21-08 12:01 PM

I know the money i needed for it! And sure , i dont want compare an 8 Core Desk with an dual or quadcore.

I only want to show, that seriuos informations can be wrong, and if someone at the buisiness needs an 8 Core (only in buisness u need it really!) , he should buy the precision, i think.

Roliath 02-21-08 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madpistol
I just watched the video...

Do you realize how much money is required to get one of those workstations? just upping the processor to the X5460 pushes the price over $3000 for the computer.

And why are we comparing a workstation computer to an enthusiast performance part? They're in 2 different markets. On another note, buy a less expensive skulltrail motherboard, and overclock your processors, whatever they may be, and you save tons of money compared to the workstation.

Sorry, but I just don't see the relevance of this thread.

I don't think your Market argument holds that much relevance here, in a way.
I mean, the skulltrail is based on a workstation board. Everything about screams Workstation.

Jolle Said it Best.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jolle
Seems like they´re taking a workstation thing and putting it in the entusiast segment, while pricing it as a workstation platform..
So.. its a workstation platform.. for enthusiasts.. but for workstations.. enthusiastic workstation?

Madpistol 02-21-08 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roliath
I don't think your Market argument holds that much relevance here, in a way.
I mean, the skulltrail is based on a workstation board. Everything about screams Workstation.

Jolle Said it Best.

You do have a point. Skulltrail is a modified workstation board.

Ok, The point is valid. However, most people don't have the $10k that it would take to get one of those workstations. So for $3-4k, you can have something that is almost as powerful. If Money is no object, get the Dell Workstation with the warranty, but you CAN'T overclock a dell (nor do you want to for that matter) Skulltrail is the answer to this problem, and it will cost significantly less than a professional workstation would.

Roliath 02-21-08 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madpistol
You do have a point. Skulltrail is a modified workstation board.

Ok, The point is valid. However, most people don't have the $10k that it would take to get one of those workstations. So for $3-4k, you can have something that is almost as powerful. If Money is no object, get the Dell Workstation with the warranty, but you CAN'T overclock a dell (nor do you want to for that matter) Skulltrail is the answer to this problem, and it will cost significantly less than a professional workstation would.

I agree completely.

isotron 02-22-08 04:26 AM

i agree to, i was impressed by seeing cinebench results of an skulltrail, which was over-clocked to 4.6ghz! and it reached more then 30k points in cinebench.
But i dont know how stable this setup is running.

Madpistol 02-22-08 09:18 AM

Actually, most Core 2's overclock really well. The new Quad Cores very stable at high frequencies. It's probably not out of the question for a pair of those processors to reach 4Ghz. Bear in mind that it would give off a TON of heat, and that may be a problem if you don't have adequate air flow.

sytaylor 02-24-08 08:29 PM

What would be the benefit of an enthusiast owning a workstation level machine?