nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   WoW: Alliance or Horde? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=108794)

Tr1cK 02-25-08 08:03 AM

WoW: Alliance or Horde?

Which do you play most / prefer?

Horde for me, though I'd like to get a Draenei going sometime.

Dvahlish 02-25-08 03:39 PM

Re: WoW: Alliance or Horde?

I used to think Id roll an alli.
But after starting on BG's and random encounters of PVP during the game, I realised that I couldnt play the alli....
It just wouldnt feel right and I couldnt bear having to play alongside gnomes and humans...my 2 most hated races.

Tr1cK 02-25-08 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dvahlish
I used to think Id roll an alli.
But after starting on BG's and random encounters of PVP during the game, I realised that I couldnt play the alli....
It just wouldnt feel right and I couldnt bear having to play alongside gnomes and humans...my 2 most hated races.

I hate them all, especially Gnomes and Night Elves. I do like Draenei a lot.

Dvahlish 02-25-08 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK

Draenei are possibly the only ones I can stand to look at...
But I still couldnt play one just because Id also have to play in BG's alongside gnomes,dwarves, humans...and kill the horde....which just wouldnt feel....right?

I actually made a gnome rogue once...called Gnomeaphobe.
I hated her.

kazna 02-25-08 04:17 PM

Aside from a friend's Draenei warrior I leveled into the 50s (Gift of the Narru is beyond overpowered for leveling a warrior or rogue BTW) all of my toons are Horde.

nVJoe 02-25-08 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazna
Aside from a friend's Draenei warrior I leveled into the 50s (Gift of the Narru is beyond overpowered for leveling a warrior or rogue BTW) all of my toons are Horde.

It isn't overpowered. It is nice but it won't help you in a fight. I used it as a faster way to get health back after fighting mobs.

kazna 02-25-08 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nVJoe
It isn't overpowered. It is nice but it won't help you in a fight. I used it as a faster way to get health back after fighting mobs.

I've read it doesn't scale well to 70, but for like, 1-30 its VASTLY more useful than any other class racial. Maybe Blood Fury, but only for classes that don't heal.

At 30 it was still like, 1/3rd of my health on a 3 minute cooldown. This is pretty impressive since its in the form of a HoT. As a warrior you only have to take 1.5 seconds to cast it (which isn't even enough time to lose a significant amount of Rage) before you charge the next mob. You don't have to channel it like a bandage and it doesn't break on damage like a lolwell hot.

Rakeesh 02-25-08 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK

I regularly commit hate crimes against the gnome race. I just love hearing their death sound, and seeing their little tiny bones in the ground when they res :D

Most of the time when I run across an enemy lowbie, I'll leave them alone...maybe like a 10% chance I'll kill them. If its a gnome, then more like a 70% chance I'll kill them.

Dwarves are a distant second. Nelf are probably the ones I hate the least.

jolle 02-26-08 04:02 AM

Im feeling hte gnome hate in BGs.. as soon as I pop out of stealth I get nuked by everyone nearby..
If thats cause the horde acctually defend their healers, or everyone just hates me I dunno.. hehe.

I went alliance just to join some friends that already started on that server.
I wanted to go horde on a PVP server, but were gangpressed into ally on non pvp.
Got some horde alts on a pvp server tho, hopefully Ill get one of em to 70 and find a decent guild one day.

BTW, I find drenai unbearably gay, specially the male and its run cycle animations.
Blood elves are also terrible...

K007 02-26-08 04:22 AM

All comes down to friends. Where they are, there status in the game..ie lvl 70...will it help?.

Neither fraction really stands out as bieng..omfg its awsome to be side X...

It all comes down to..which side is ure friends on..and who will you enjoy with..and then you have to look at the playtime you plan to put in..compared to them../etc...also having a good lvl 70 few friends will really help you get off the starting zones.

PvP all comes down to how well which side communicates...aside from AV, AB/WSG/EOS are games where you can team up with your mates...again...all comes down to friends..

nVJoe 02-26-08 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazna
I've read it doesn't scale well to 70, but for like, 1-30 its VASTLY more useful than any other class racial. Maybe Blood Fury, but only for classes that don't heal.

At 30 it was still like, 1/3rd of my health on a 3 minute cooldown. This is pretty impressive since its in the form of a HoT. As a warrior you only have to take 1.5 seconds to cast it (which isn't even enough time to lose a significant amount of Rage) before you charge the next mob. You don't have to channel it like a bandage and it doesn't break on damage like a lolwell hot.

at 70 it is nothing. Actually below 35 it is good but those levels go so fast with the reduced xp per level and increase xp per quest. It just doesn't matter. Besides, warriors are the hardest class to level.

zoomy942 02-26-08 12:40 PM

i prefer my ele in guld wars.... oh.. wait...

wrong thread