nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis 1.2 Rear Axel Fix? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109683)

nekrosoft13 03-11-08 11:10 PM

Crysis 1.2 Rear Axel Fix?

How can i fix the missing rear axel problem that started with 1.2 patch.

so far tried

1) clearing shader cache
2) reinstalling the game

NarcissistZero 03-11-08 11:14 PM

Re: Crysis 1.2 Rear Axel Fix?

You need to start over with a new profile, haven't seen one since. It's a known solution on the Internet.

I think Crytek knew the patch worked better with a fresh profile but didn't want to annoy people and say so.

nekrosoft13 03-11-08 11:25 PM

so just a new profile? can i copy over the save games?

NarcissistZero 03-12-08 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
so just a new profile? can i copy over the save games?

I don't know, I didn't, just finally started that hard mode game...

I'm on tweakguides and gametrailers as well and most people report that all 1.2 bugs vanish when you start a new profile and abandon old saves.

CaptNKILL 03-12-08 01:21 AM

I installed the new patch, created a new profile and started a new game. I haven't had too many major bugs. One bug with Prophet running the wrong direction in a later part of the game was resolved by reloading a save, another bug caused the game to go back to the main menu saying "disconnected from server" or something like that. I assume the game crashed in a way that made it think it "disconnected". I just reloaded a save from about 10 seconds before the bug. Those are the only major glitches I've run into. I haven't seen the axle bug myself.

So I'd recommend making a new profile. Give your old saves a try. If they still show problems then you'll just have to start over.

nekrosoft13 03-12-08 01:12 PM

ok thanks, will try a new profile + old saves. if that doesn't work, I will try new profile + new saves

firehawk 03-16-08 04:25 PM

i can confirm that new profile new saves fixed the issue for me.

sorta strange old saves have an effect on something like back tires on vehicles

grey_1 03-16-08 05:23 PM

Funny, the problem didn't show up for me right away, but a new profile fixed it for me also. Haven't tried any old saves, just playing through again.

K007 03-17-08 02:44 AM

you should still be able to do a console command to load x level if you have saved really far into the game.

Amuro 03-17-08 03:12 AM

Start over is the only way for now.

asd 03-17-08 04:44 AM

I'm really suprise that lots of people decided to play this game right now, for me, if I can't run it in 1680x1050@HIGHEST, the game is pointless, so I will wait a few more months until I get the new Gt-200 from nvidia and the new quad core cpu from intel.

Amuro 03-17-08 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asd
I'm really suprise that lots of people decided to play this game right now, for me, if I can't run it in 1680x1050@HIGHEST, the game is pointless, so I will wait a few more months until I get the new Gt-200 from nvidia and the new quad core cpu from intel.

That isn't a bad idea actually. I'm still far from finishing the game, and I've started over a few times arleady.