nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Ascension (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109705)

Yaboze 03-12-08 09:35 AM

Ascension

After playing online a bit and getting halfway through single player, I decided to try and finish Crysis.

I am really stuck and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am at Ascension, I'm flying the VTOL and after I get to a certain part in the valley, my ship just dives. I am holding space and going forward, I have little to no damage...my ship just drops straight to the ground where it flounders oddly and then takes damage slowly to 100% and then blows up. I tried the mission over from the start like 10x. I can't get past this! It's pissing me off because I don't know what else to do.

God, the second half of this game (after Alien cave) is really laggy and sucky.

Yaboze 03-12-08 10:24 AM

Re: Ascension

I figure it out, it was those cyclones. But this mission sucks, it runs so slow on my PC compared to the rest of the game. Try to target and shoot down those aliens and the ship feels like it's stuck in molasses.

Thingding 03-12-08 10:55 AM

That section ranks in my top ten worst moments of gaming 2007. Took hours to navigate past those bloody things. On the plus side it gets better after that.

CaptNKILL 03-12-08 11:28 AM

It was definitely the worst part of the game but it wasn't that bad. I was through with the whole flying portion of the game in a matter of minutes playing on Delta. It would have been much better if they allowed you to invert the mouse just for the flying controls. It felt completely backwards to me.

methimpikehoses 03-12-08 01:05 PM

The first time I played I got lucky and was done very quickly... the next time through took me forever. :headexplode:

Such a crappy level... it would have been better if you could escape the tornado's and not instantly freeze up when you near the ground. I liked blasting the aliens in midair.

mcolbourn 03-13-08 03:34 AM

Yea the controls for the VTOL were poor and could have been done better. Not the worst flying part in a game but nearly.

BioHazZarD 03-13-08 03:51 AM

ha thats nothing, wait till the end boss, i cursed there more then i cursed at any other game as i can remember.

Thingding 03-13-08 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioHazZarD
ha thats nothing, wait till the end boss, i cursed there more then i cursed at any other game as i can remember.

I just quicksaved.

A lot.

Like 30+ times!

svetli_pp 03-13-08 09:05 AM

QPS = quicksaves per second :D

CaptNKILL 03-13-08 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioHazZarD

If I had known to just keep blasting away at the spider's body that boss would have been easy. I spent more time dicking around shooting at the small aliens and trying to figure out what to do than I did actually fighting the bosses. :p