nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Neverwinter Nights impressions (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11)

Kruno 07-27-02 10:03 PM

Hey guys

I'm making a module for Neverwinter nights that will rock. So far it's taking me 2 days and I am still learning as I go in more depth.
The scripting or placing takes little effort. I just take a long time with ideas. :)

BTW Morrowing runs beutifull on my system at 1024x768 32bpp and AI distance and shadows and view distance set to lowest and 4xs AA on with 2x aniso. 1024x768 with QAA and 2x aniso runs even better (with halfway view distance). I always keep AI slider lowest otherwise enemies come from 50ft away and attack me which annoys the piss out of me lolz.

Maniac 07-27-02 11:20 PM

Great game, if only i could find the time to keep playing it without being bothered by my old lady....heheh!!

Matthyahuw 07-28-02 12:53 AM

Couldn't really get into NWN as much as I did with Dungeon Siege...Then I had to re-format, and never re-installed it...dunno, should I put it back on and give it another try?

SavagePaladin 07-28-02 01:41 AM

I heard NWNs single player campaign sucked, and you might as well wait for the mods.
I had lots of fun with DS, though, and AM waiting for the mods :)

DIMA 07-28-02 07:11 AM

Yeah, I couldn't get into NWN myself too...

Played it a bit, then uninstalled! :D

vampireuk 07-28-02 07:49 AM

How is it compared to dungeon siege? Im currently hooked playing it online and some of the mods people are making! There are starwars mods and someone is even making a men in black mod for it:eek:

Think I might pick up a copy since im really getting into RPG games now, they are just more satisfying that FPS and other games:)

DIMA 07-28-02 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
How is it compared to dungeon siege? Im currently hooked playing it online and some of the mods people are making! There are starwars mods and someone is even making a men in black mod for it:eek:

Think I might pick up a copy since im really getting into RPG games now, they are just more satisfying that FPS and other games:)

I donno...

I honestly liked Dungeon Siege more than I did NWN...

They're both good games, but I still prefer FPS! :D

vampireuk 07-28-02 07:53 AM

I think the main problem with dungeon siege is its lacking in things to do at times, its still really fun but hopefully it will get some official mods which add other perspectives to the game. It should be made a bit like runescape, a weird online rpg where you have crafting smithing mining you can made your own weapons and armor with enough skill:)

Kruno 07-28-02 07:54 AM

Bleh! I do that in Morrowind :D

DIMA 07-28-02 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Bleh! I do that in Morrowind :D
Morrowind is nothing special...

Sure, it's pretty (especially the pixel shaded water), but I just couldn't get into it...

Maybe RPG's are just not my style of game...

vampireuk 07-28-02 08:02 AM

well everyone has their favourite:) I prefer RPG's myself just because of the levelling aspect to it you have to increase your skills to use new items. I love that kind of gameplay and its highly addictive:cool:

DIMA 07-28-02 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
well everyone has their favourite:) I prefer RPG's myself just because of the levelling aspect to it you have to increase your skills to use new items. I love that kind of gameplay and its highly addictive:cool:
Hehe

I love the kind of gameplay where u blow some serious ass!!

Like SOF II for example :D