nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for PC (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111448)

six_storm 04-10-08 12:05 PM

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for PC

Anybody getting it? I'm thinkin about it.

HiCZoK4 04-10-08 12:08 PM

Re: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for PC

consoles reviews says its better than first one. Visually and gameplay

NaitoSan 04-10-08 12:15 PM

i finished 360 version... it's really good but only a bit disappointing is that it doesn't really take much in las vegas... you're more of away from center of las vega, but it's still awesome.

i'm curious about pc version.

Noriega 04-10-08 12:21 PM

Old R6 was challenging but when R6 meets consoles it's simply and booring game.

immortalips 04-10-08 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noriega

whats a matter noriega? pissed because those boring consoles get all the great games first? LMAO.

|MaguS| 04-10-08 12:24 PM

Quote:

As for Old I hope you mean before Raven Shield since all the "console" ones are based off it with Vegas being just completly different.

Destroy 04-10-08 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0
the old r6 gameplay is long gone. only graw2 is the last man standing in tactical fps gaming.

There is SWAT4, and hopefully 5 too. :)

I will most likely buy Vegas2 on PC but I'm going to wait and see how FSAA and widescreen friendly it is <cough> crap U3 engine <cough>.

Who knows, maybe it'll be an good port job like Ass Creed. <shrug>

Quick420 04-10-08 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaitoSan
i finished 360 version... it's really good but only a bit disappointing is that it doesn't really take much in las vegas... you're more of away from center of las vega, but it's still awesome.

i'm curious about pc version.

Who was it that was bitching it was taking place in las vegas again.....such a boring location for a game .Hmmmmmm I wonder if they will reveal themself.I doubt it.I will certainly pick it up even if it is only remotely better than the first one:p

Noriega 04-10-08 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortalips
whats a matter noriega? pissed because those boring consoles get all the great games first? LMAO.

Pissed cause of consoles casuals this game changed from tactical shooter to some "mom help me playing Im lame" game. The same happened to Deus Ex and think this same will going to happen with Fallout 3.

Sorry but this game is very near complexity level of Terrorist Takedown.

Destroy 04-10-08 01:46 PM

Quote:

Pissed cause of consoles casuals this game changed from tactical shooter to some "mom help me playing Im lame" game. The same happened to Deus Ex and think this same will going to happen with Fallout 3.

(pb) Dumbed down for lowest common denominator FTL.

|MaguS| 04-10-08 01:58 PM

Quote:

This is what ticks me off, when you automically generalize all console games as "dumb down" because your favorite franchise was changed to appeal to a wider majority then continue selling to a strict few.

Rainbow six was "dumbed down" before it ever went to console. If I remember correctly both the original and Rogue Spear were able to be brought over to the PS1 and DC perfectly fine. Hell Deus Ex was brought over to the PS2 in the same fashion. They aren't "dumbed down" because they are being developed for consoles but rather to sell more copies... its to appeal to a far larger market then the little tactical shooter market.

You guys need to stop seeing everything so narrow, developers are in it for one thing... money. If they make a game to suit the needs of tactical shooter fans they wont sell nearly as much as people who like a balance between action and tactics.

I loved the original R6 and still do but I don't think these new ones are horrible because I consider them something else. Not in the same genre as the originals.

six_storm 04-10-08 02:39 PM

Rogue Spear was an awesome game. I'm definitely thinking about getting RB6:V2 for the PC . . .