nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Console World (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ***Official GTA4 Feedback Thread*** (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112061)

six_storm 04-21-08 02:22 PM

***Official GTA4 Feedback Thread***

I'm gonna lead this one. Just called my local Gamestop and turns out they are going to have a special midnight release next Monday night!

I've been waiting for this one for quite some time; GTA:SA was such a disaster. Let's here if you have it preordered or not.

|MaguS| 04-21-08 02:27 PM

Re: ***Official GTA4 Feedback Thread***

I'll pick up my copy after work on the day it releases... don't care that much to be at Gamestop at midnight for the game...

J-Mag 04-21-08 02:31 PM

Are there any pre-order bonuses that are worthwhile?

six_storm 04-21-08 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mag
Are there any pre-order bonuses that are worthwhile?

No you have to pay for them :(

1337_Like_ThaT 04-21-08 02:55 PM

My local GameCrazy is having a midnight launch as well, There will be a COD 4 tournament that evening prior to the launch, winner getting a free copy of GTA IV :)
I've had my SE copy pre-ordered for ages now, just antipating eagerly

I love the way Rockstar distributes so much marketing swag for their games, I have obtained tons of GTA IV swag which is pretty cool like GTA IV license plate, Niko poster, GTA IV shirts from various in-game shops, Im just a sucker for game swag, even if its cheap corny stuff sometimes :D

HiCZoK4 04-21-08 02:59 PM

I hope mods have prepared some bandwitch for this topic. :D I feel it will be veryyyy long

six_storm 04-21-08 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT
My local GameCrazy is having a midnight launch as well, There will be a COD 4 tournament that evening prior to the launch, winner getting a free copy of GTA IV :)
I've had my SE copy pre-ordered for ages now, just antipating eagerly

I love the way Rockstar distributes so much marketing swag for their games, I have obtained tons of GTA IV swag which is pretty cool like GTA IV license plate, Niko poster, GTA IV shirts from various in-game shops, Im just a sucker for game swag, even if its cheap corny stuff sometimes :D

Oh that would be sweet to have a CoD4 tourney! I would suck without a KBM but I'd like to try lol. Looks like I'll be taking a nap Monday afternoon and playing a little bit Tuesday morning.

tornadog 04-21-08 03:01 PM

any differences between 360/ps3 versions. I have both in my queue and will get whichever one they ship first.

I have always loved the GTA series but havent been able to play them enough. GTA 3, I got stuck in the Blowfish mission and stopped playing. GTA Vice City, I got stuck in the rc copter mission and stopped playing. GTA SA I got stuck in the Sweet's Girl mission and stopped playing. I wonder where I will get stuck in this one....

six_storm 04-21-08 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tornadog
any differences between 360/ps3 versions. I have both in my queue and will get whichever one they ship first.

I have always loved the GTA series but havent been able to play them enough. GTA 3, I got stuck in the Blowfish mission and stopped playing. GTA Vice City, I got stuck in the rc copter mission and stopped playing. GTA SA I got stuck in the Sweet's Girl mission and stopped playing. I wonder where I will get stuck in this one....

The 360 version will get DLC first I believe. That's what rumors are saying right now.

Tygerwoody 04-21-08 03:52 PM

Just Preordered from NewEgg. I wouldn't dare step foot in a "GameStop".

six_storm 04-21-08 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody

I thought about ordering from Newegg but I wouldn't get it until the day after release at the EARLIEST. And Lord knows when Walmart will release their copies. GS is guaranteed on release day.

1337_Like_ThaT 04-21-08 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tygerwoody

Bad experience with GameStop I take it? Try GameCrazy, great alternative to GS IMO and way better deal on Used games, just not as big an inventory...