nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Future Crytek titles will be multi-platform, no more PC exclusives (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112484)

Retrolock 04-29-08 03:24 PM

Future Crytek titles will be multi-platform, no more PC exclusives

Quote:

Strategy Informer writes: "Cevat Yerli, president of the German Studio Crytek, which is well known for developing Crysis. In the interview they discuss the success and failures of Crysis, but more importantly the state of the PC gaming industry.

Yerli was asked about the risk of going PC exclusive with a high-profile title, and replied with: 'It is certainly. We are suffering currently from the huge piracy that is encompassing Crysis. We seem to lead the charts in piracy by a large margin, a chart leading that is not desirable. I believe thatís the core problem of PC Gaming, piracy. To the degree PC Gamers that pirate games inherently destroy the platform. Similar games on consoles sell factors of 4-5 more. It was a big lesson for us and I believe we wont have PC exclusives as we did with Crysis in future. We are going to support PC, but not exclusive anymore.'"
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...-pc-exclusives

:(

ASUSEN7900GTX 04-29-08 03:46 PM

Re: Future Crytek titles will be multi-platform, no more PC exclusives

damn i thougt they selled more copies than it seems i still belive crytek will port the other way from pc to console such still being a little PC exclusive.

damn pirates destroying crytek damn it

Schugy 04-29-08 03:46 PM

No linux versions of their games planned. Keep your trash and go home.

Amuro 04-29-08 10:10 PM

Nice blaming on the pirates again. One million copies sold isn't bad at all considering Crysis' extremely high system requirement.

BioHazZarD 04-30-08 04:05 AM

Exactly they said one thing in all videos and previews and now they are suprised though considering what monster pc you have to have to enjoy this game as on all e3 videos..

Doom3 when it got out was the number.1 most downloaded game too and at the same time it sold just as much in retail sales.

nekrosoft13 04-30-08 08:21 AM

like i said in the other thread, i think EA was "involved" in that decision. Crytek is getting to close to them, it wouldn't suprise me if EA would buy out crytek soon.

EA saw 1 million + sales, decided to throw more money at Crytek to make multi-platform told them to come up with some lame reason to the decision.

SeriTonin 04-30-08 08:33 AM

The game was a 6 hour interactive benchmark, it wasn't fun, it WAS pretty to look at. I said this a week after it came out and I played through it, this isn't me blasting off because of his comments.

Make a fun game worth playing people will buy it.

Make an uninteresting game that can't run max setting on the best of the best rigs out there, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

But nice job crytek, pulling an epic/ut3 and blaming piracy for a boring game.

wysiwyg 04-30-08 05:02 PM

i actually bought crysis

loved it too

nekrosoft13 04-30-08 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wysiwyg
i actually bought crysis

loved it too

same over here, great game.

NaitoSan 04-30-08 07:03 PM

I bought Crysis Special Edition and haven't played it. :o I really should since I just finished Call of Duty 4.

3DBrad 04-30-08 10:06 PM

Who would be dumb enough to make a game exclusive for Linux.

I run Knoppix Linux, Puppy Linux, Cento Linux, Ubuntu, etc. but please, don't even think it's a good platform for most people to play games on or work on. For most people, it's a free toy.

ViN86 04-30-08 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schugy
No linux versions of their games planned. Keep your trash and go home.

:headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode: