nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Random Youtube videos at bottom of page (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112508)

Elvin Presler 04-29-08 10:26 PM

Random Youtube videos at bottom of page

Why are there youtube videos on every page lately? Very annoying and makes the site more sluggish. Do I really have to block EVERYTHING these days?

crainger 04-29-08 10:41 PM

Re: Random Youtube videos at bottom of page

A little annoying. I saw some phunny digitalph33r vids, but yeah. Does slow things down a little. We aren't ALL using Opera here. ::D:

Sazar 04-30-08 12:36 AM

So much for you allowing some ads for supporting the site mr moderator :D

Way to lead by example.

But yah, there are new ads at the top and bottom of the page that are getting very annoying and intrusive. However Mike did post in the thread I started about a similar issue, something about coding for guest v/s other users.

nutcrackr 04-30-08 01:13 AM

yeah what the hell is this crap?

MikeC 04-30-08 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvin Presler
Why are there youtube videos on every page lately? Very annoying and makes the site more sluggish. Do I really have to block EVERYTHING these days?

I've been testing different types of ads and the YouTube videos have been appearing in two forums since late last night. It's an interesting concept and some of the video clips were amusing. Unfortunatley, the number of video channels is limited so there is not a lot of variety tp choose from.

What browser do you happen to be using? I didn't experience any of the sluggishness you mention.

MikeC 04-30-08 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcrackr
yeah what the hell is this crap?

The video ads have been removed.

Elvin Presler 04-30-08 03:58 PM

Using Firefox, with NoScript, but I usually allow the main site I am visiting. I think the slowdown just comes when the the add/youtube server gets slow. I've seen sites sit and refuse to load anything else while waiting on some add from another server to load...until I just block the main site from running anything else.

...but thanks for getting rid of them. They're annoying even if they were always instant. If I want to see youtube crap, I'll go to youtube.

LORD-eX-Bu 04-30-08 04:07 PM

we need :naughty: ads Mike, kthnx.

crainger 04-30-08 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC
I've been testing different types of ads and the YouTube videos have been appearing in two forums since late last night. It's an interesting concept and some of the video clips were amusing. Unfortunatley, the number of video channels is limited so there is not a lot of variety tp choose from.

What browser do you happen to be using? I didn't experience any of the sluggishness you mention.

Yeah. As I mention the digitalph33r vids are hilarious. ::D: