nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   AoC vs. Wow (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113539)

glObalist 05-21-08 10:06 AM

AoC vs. Wow
 
I was thinking about this:

You know why no company these days can come up with a decent and fun MMORPG?

Because there already is one - it's called World of Warcraft. Duh!

Let's see who's going to be the first AoC fanboy/WoW hater to get his panties in a twist over this post, LOL.

CaptnStubing 05-21-08 01:11 PM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by glObalist
I was thinking about this:

You know why no company these days can come up with a decent and fun MMORPG?

Because there already is one - it's called World of Warcraft. Duh!

You are basically right. Only time will tell if AoC can last as long as WoW. If the launch is any indication it should do fairly well.


I like both games so no fanboy here. ;)


Oh and I saw what you were trying to do there. :D

Tr1cK 05-21-08 01:18 PM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
The only thing helping WoW over AoC is the system requirements. In a few years WoW will require a graphics overhaul (they are already mentioning it) and AoC will still look reasonably well and run like butter on new hardware.

I'm glad AoC is hardware demanding and 17+. Both help to keep kiddies off the game.

I'm no fanboy either. I've been in WoW since launch and will probably spend 4 years in AoC as well unless that Warhammer 40k MMO surfaces.

Blacklash 05-21-08 06:45 PM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
Some create their own woes in AoC by trying to run medium to high settings when the should be running low.

Hambone 05-21-08 08:57 PM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
The OP and his semi-hidden white text stupidity is an shining example of the worst side of WoW. I always thought of idiot trolling as something done after a thread has been created - not the entire purpose of a thread. The best part of AoC is the M rating and high system requirements which will help keep the WoW kiddies and people with the mentality of the OP out of the game.

---------------------------------------

AoC in game - CTRL+ALT+F brings up a FPS counter. It's handy when tweaking graphics settings to stay smooth.

---------------------------------------

Tr1cK - Warhammer 40K is the sci-fi version of Warhammer. "40K" stands for the year 40,000 where this version of Warhammer is set. Warhammer Fantasy is what the upcomming MMO is based off of.

Ninjaman09 05-21-08 09:10 PM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
I like them both, but I've played WoW for 4 years and it's gotten stale. AoC is very fun and really could give WoW a run for its money once people start hitting max level and some balancing work is done.

killahsin 05-22-08 02:00 AM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambone
The OP and his semi-hidden white text stupidity is an shining example of the worst side of WoW. I always thought of idiot trolling as something done after a thread has been created - not the entire purpose of a thread. The best part of AoC is the M rating and high system requirements which will help keep the WoW kiddies and people with the mentality of the OP out of the game.

---------------------------------------

AoC in game - CTRL+ALT+F brings up a FPS counter. It's handy when tweaking graphics settings to stay smooth.

---------------------------------------

Tr1cK - Warhammer 40K is the sci-fi version of Warhammer. "40K" stands for the year 40,000 where this version of Warhammer is set. Warhammer Fantasy is what the upcomming MMO is based off of.


trick is refering to the warhammer 40k mmo which is also ind evelopment by a different studio.

saguy 05-22-08 04:47 AM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambone
The OP and his semi-hidden white text stupidity is an shining example of the worst side of WoW. I always thought of idiot trolling as something done after a thread has been created - not the entire purpose of a thread. The best part of AoC is the M rating and high system requirements which will help keep the WoW kiddies and people with the mentality of the OP out of the game.

Agreed.

I don't have a problem with WOW as a game, only some of the idiots that play it. I look at WOW as one huge piece of fly paper - it attracts all the players that I don't want in other games. I was playing LOTRO which has a tiny subscriber base compared to WOW, but the community is great. Even Vanguard with its miniscule player base is mature and friendly.

This is how I judge my MMO's and they way I will be judging AOC this coming month. It's the community that will be main reason I hit that re-subscribe button.

I apologize to all the decent friendly WOW players, as there are loads of you, for tarring you with the same brush.

Hambone 05-22-08 06:16 AM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by killahsin
trick is refering to the warhammer 40k mmo which is also ind evelopment by a different studio.

Yep. Apparently I wasn't paying attention to detail.

4 years sound about right. Imagine designing an MMO from the ground up.

CaptnStubing 05-22-08 10:38 AM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambone
The OP and his semi-hidden white text stupidity is an shining example of the worst side of WoW. I always thought of idiot trolling as something done after a thread has been created - not the entire purpose of a thread. The best part of AoC is the M rating and high system requirements which will help keep the WoW kiddies and people with the mentality of the OP out of the game.

Oh for pete's sake relax. He was just having fun at the expense of fanboys.

The higher system requirements will not stop kiddies from getting the game. The will still get it but will be lagging around Hyboria on subpar systems. The M rating wont do much either. Besides, most the problems I had in WoW were 20 somethings who think they are actually adults. Blaming it all on the 13 year old is stupid. As if you 20 somethings actually are any better...

glObalist 05-22-08 12:14 PM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnStubing
Oh for pete's sake relax. He was just having fun at the expense of fanboys.

The higher system requirements will not stop kiddies from getting the game. The will still get it but will be lagging around Hyboria on subpar systems. The M rating wont do much either. Besides, most the problems I had in WoW were 20 somethings who think they are actually adults. Blaming it all on the 13 year old is stupid. As if you 20 somethings actually are any better...

Word!

Ninjaman09 05-22-08 12:26 PM

Re: AoC vs. Wow
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnStubing
As if you 20 somethings actually are any better...

As if you 60 somethings are any better...:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.