nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   i cant get the high to very high tweak to work right anymore (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113598)

firehawk 05-22-08 07:56 AM

i cant get the high to very high tweak to work right anymore

ok,

so interesting issue. it seems that crysis doesn't want to work with the high to very high tweak for me anymore :(

"some" setting switch over. but textures for example stay at normal high settings. i reinstalled the game hopeing that maybe a shader cache or something was screwed. no luck

anyone help me out the game looks like poop now :(

SH64 05-23-08 12:35 AM

Re: i cant get the high to very high tweak to work right anymore

Hmm i dont know , but maybe your best bet is to mess with the .cfg file. get it replaced with another one from another computer/user or perhaps make it read-only ..

firehawk 05-23-08 01:26 AM

i have reinstalled the entire game from scratch...it didn't do anything :|

before i had the mapped ground crisp into the distance, now its a washed out nightmare...the tree leaves are aliased up the butt now too.

it just looks awful

SH64 05-23-08 01:39 AM

Some games just uninstall the main folder but not the .cfg/savegames files located in the docs and settings folder. so chances that even when you uninstalled it , the .cfg files in the documents folder were not deleted.

firehawk 05-23-08 01:44 AM

im aware. i went back after the uninstall and deleted the entire EA folder. went into my docs and deleted the shader cache as well...

i somewhat fixed my issue by making a autoexe. seems to have solved all but the blurry ground 2 feet in front of me.

SH64 05-23-08 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firehawk
im aware. i went back after the uninstall and deleted the entire EA folder. went into my docs and deleted the shader cache as well...

i somewhat fixed my issue by making a autoexe. seems to have solved all but the blurry ground 2 feet in front of me.

Blurry as not filtered ? because AFAIK AF dosent work if you enable POM.

firehawk 05-23-08 02:01 AM

I GOT IT!

for some reason i have to use a autoexe or the cva's dont work....never had this happen before. at least not with just a simple high to very high tweaking

and it wasn't filtering i was referring to. the effect of the pom just looked off...blurry and not "as" 3d as it should.

SH64 05-23-08 02:10 AM

Good to hear. now enjoy Crysis :cool: