nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Grid... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113965)

jeffmd 05-29-08 12:58 AM

Grid...

...Do not even THINK of getting this if you do not own a sophisticated analog control (both steering and acceleration/brake) or wheel/pedal.

..Do not even THINK of getting this unless you want a simulation racer in which you car is nothing more then a pile of putty and any contact rips you apart.

that is all.

Madpistol 05-29-08 01:18 AM

Re: Grid...

It's not a sim. It's an arcade racer that looks fairly good. [/thread]

jeffmd 05-29-08 01:43 AM

That ok, the people who actually buy it will know whos right.

Blade 05-29-08 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffmd
...Do not even THINK of getting this if you do not own a sophisticated analog control (both steering and acceleration/brake) or wheel/pedal.

..Do not even THINK of getting this unless you want a simulation racer in which you car is nothing more then a pile of putty and any contact rips you apart.

that is all.

Thats a good enough recomendation for me, sold!

ragejg 05-29-08 02:14 AM

Quote:

that is all.

so you'd rather play cruisn' world I take it?

LordJuanlo 05-29-08 02:18 AM

I'm getting it, control with 360 gamepad, I love the demo

Serrasalmus 05-29-08 02:37 AM

ive already pre paid mine and it works fine with my wheel or 360 control

jeffmd 05-29-08 03:25 AM

Rage, theres a difference between a good arcade racer like the NFS series.. and just another crappy racing game with crapier controls. ;)

I didn't say grid was bad, I just posted some of my key findings, and that is digital control (even in the gas pedal) = fail, and mistakes are pretty unforgiving. This is in part to its very sim like nature, but also because the game is so poorly written for any type of digital control. The fact its pre bound to the keyboard seems like a sad joke now.

ragejg 05-29-08 03:42 AM

Quote:

The fact its pre bound to the keyboard seems like a sad joke

Tru-dat™... that's what I thought when I tried the demo.

Quick420 05-29-08 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragejg
Tru-dat™... that's what I thought when I tried the demo.

As opposed to it being bound to what instead??? The game is an A+ piece of work,I pre-ordered after playing the demo online and watching all the kiddies driving into walls as I cautiously pass them all for the lead.Full out 1600x1200 never looked sounded and played this good ever before.Kudos Codies you got more money out of us:p

Quick420 05-29-08 09:55 AM

Quote:

Rage, theres a difference between a good arcade racer like the NFS series.. and just another crappy racing game with crapier controls. ;)

I didn't say grid was bad, I just posted some of my key findings, and that is digital control (even in the gas pedal) = fail, and mistakes are pretty unforgiving. This is in part to its very sim like nature, but also because the game is so poorly written for any type of digital control. The fact its pre bound to the keyboard seems like a sad joke now.

Did you try turning damage down from HIgh to maybe.......uum ....LOW? Maybe then you can get mommies rice rocket around the track without writing it off:D I can run it with the keyboard,momo,or digital gamepad with no troubles with the controls at all,you sound like a broken 45 set on 78 dude.:D

Logical 05-29-08 10:54 AM

I think GRID is awesome and definately one of the best arcade racers i have played in a while. I cant wait for it's full release and will definately be purchasing it.

:)