nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113986)

CybrSage 05-29-08 08:30 AM

Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
I just pre-ordered WAR. It looks like it is going to be a GREAT game! Here is the info on the pre-order:

http://www.warhammeronline.com/ce_preorder/

Anyone else plannign on jumping into the game? I plan on being part of the Empire.

Xav 05-29-08 09:03 AM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
I've been interested/following WAR for a couple of years and had planned to be there at launch but after the wife and I started playing AoC...not so sure now.

Will have to see how things go as we get closer to WAR's launch.

Tr1cK 05-29-08 09:10 AM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
WAR will have to have an extremely exceptional launch to pull AOC people away. WAR needs to be fully polished before it launches. I know most of them are not looking for another auto-attack WOW clone. AOC really needs to get polished up quickly to keep it successful too.

jeffmd 05-29-08 11:38 AM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
tell me when its here..and not before then. I could care less who pre orders it.

Buckeye 05-29-08 11:43 AM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
Simple question... Have you been in the Beta (in WAR that is) and did that change your mind to pre-order ?

Ninjaman09 05-29-08 12:40 PM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK
WAR will have to have an extremely exceptional launch to pull AOC people away. WAR needs to be fully polished before it launches. I know most of them are not looking for another auto-attack WOW clone. AOC really needs to get polished up quickly to keep it successful too.

Well said, I couldn't agree more. AoC's novelty will wear off eventually and some much-needed polish is what will keep it going.

lIqUID 05-29-08 02:35 PM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
I have had 2 copies of the collectors edition preordered for about 3 months now, and I'm really looking forward to the open beta. I've been constantly reading the beta leaks forums to try and keep up with the progress of the game. I would drop AOC, and every other game I play right now for Warhammer, period.

CybrSage 05-29-08 02:42 PM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lIqUID
I have had 2 copies of the collectors edition preordered for about 3 months now, and I'm really looking forward to the open beta. I've been constantly reading the beta leaks forums to try and keep up with the progress of the game. I would drop AOC, and every other game I play right now for Warhammer, period.

I play MMOs for a rich storyline. The last one I played and liked was FFXI Online. Final Fantasy has an AMAZING storyline. The AoC has a good storyline too, but I did not like the game mechanics.

I am quite confident WAR will have a great storyline as well.

CaptnStubing 05-29-08 02:42 PM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
Everyone I have talked to that is in the beta says that War is kinda boring. I hope it isn't. I as most who have been following the development of this game want it to be fantastic. This is key, if the game play is boring then no amount of content or graphics will help the game.

nrdstrm 05-30-08 01:04 AM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
If you want rich storyline, then you owe it to yourself to give AOC a try. They have amazing quests and story...I plan on trying WAR later on, but right now I'm stoked with AOC...

Badboy_12345 05-30-08 02:15 AM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
If I wanted a WoW clone I would just be playing WoW instead :bleh:

Im sick of cutie cellshaded mmo's. ****ing pink unicorns!
AoC is where I will stay until Diablo mmorpg or something like that comes out.

Xav 06-25-08 03:21 PM

Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xav (Post 1667276)
I've been interested/following WAR for a couple of years and had planned to be there at launch but after the wife and I started playing AoC...not so sure now.

Will have to see how things go as we get closer to WAR's launch.

Follow up. Have cancelled AoC and preordered WAR so we can get into O.B.

AoC ended up being a let down and got boring for us pretty fast. None of my buddies who got into the game with us are playing any longer either.


Sooooo...here's keeping my hopes up for WAR.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.