nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   No more patches for Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114109)

mojoman0 05-31-08 07:02 PM

No more patches for Crysis

Quote:

So, What About Patch 1.3?
At this time, there almost certainly will not be a patch 1.3 delivered for Crysis. We are aware that this news will disappoint many of you, and we would like to apologize profusely. There is a good reason for this and we hope you understand when you hear more about the reasons why in the very, very near future. Please realize this was an extremely difficult decision, but please do know that we are listening to your comments and are making more consistent community support a high priority.

We are confident that the things we are working on will be appreciated by the community, and we hope for your continued support. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.
http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?thr...tuser=0&page=1

Madpistol 05-31-08 07:11 PM

Re: No more patches for Crysis

They're running out of money and are consolidating their efforts.

ralinn 05-31-08 07:26 PM

They realise the PC community doesn't appreciate the effort.

Madpistol 05-31-08 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralinn
They realise the PC community doesn't appreciate the effort.

I would appreciate the effort a lot more if they weren't selling out to consoles. Now we're going to get crappy ports instead of nicely optimized and technologically advanced FPS games.

xbob 05-31-08 07:54 PM

Crytek has shipped 2 decent games that were buggy messes when they came out, as much as the community doesn't appreciate it enough (they of course didn't have to patch at all) there is little excuse for launches this poor twice in a row. And Crytek is another one blowing the piracy horn, but I question just how many of those pirates would have ever bought the game anyway? I pay for all of my games and I appreciate any support I get, but I only bought Crysis a couple weeks ago when it was $20 at Circuit City because I knew by now it was patched to a point of usable.

That said, Crysis is awesome and I hope they don't hose their PC fans.

DRen72 05-31-08 08:10 PM

Quote:

So, What About Patch 1.3?
At this time, there almost certainly will not be a patch 1.3 delivered for Crysis. We are aware that this news will disappoint many of you, and we would like to apologize profusely. There is a good reason for this and we hope you understand when you hear more about the reasons why in the very, very near future. Please realize this was an extremely difficult decision, but please do know that we are listening to your comments and are making more consistent community support a high priority.

We are confident that the things we are working on will be appreciated by the community, and we hope for your continued support. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.
Everything bolded, underlined and italicized = Corporate BS phrases, which I loath.

Madpistol 05-31-08 08:57 PM

I didn't really run into that many gltiches with Crysis tbh. The first half of the game was well optimized and clean running, The second half though was only decent. There were quite a few unexplainable events that I ran into that impeded my progress. Reloading the level solved that, but it was still really annoying.

Far Cry on the other hand was a buggy piece of **** when it came out. It ran nearly perfectly on my Ti 4200, but as soon as I "upgraded" to an FX 5900, the graphics went to hell. It took them about 3 months after I got that card for the game to become "preferable" on the FX 5900. Of course, now the game is very well optimized, and it's a stunning game. Too bad it took them this long to get there. :(

Eliminator 05-31-08 09:24 PM

well this sucks... i was hoping for at least some more gfx optimisations in future patches... i didnt run into any major bugs even with version 1.0

SH64 05-31-08 09:35 PM

Hope the reason behind that is well worth it!

qube 05-31-08 09:44 PM

a console version of crysis :D

Madpistol 05-31-08 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qube
a console version of crysis :D

:headexplode:

evox 05-31-08 10:07 PM

I hope they fix the FUBAR Multiplayer. :\