nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Official Lego Indiana Jones Feedback thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114293)

crainger 06-04-08 05:29 AM

Official Lego Indiana Jones Feedback thread

Just saw the game is out today. Has anyone been able to snag it and play it yet? I'm a huge fan of the Star Wars series so I can't wait to play this. ::D:

I plan to get the PS3 version as I'm betting the PC version is a port of the less impressive PS2 version as Lego Star Wars II was.

LordJuanlo 06-04-08 06:49 AM

Re: Official Lego Indiana Jones Feedback thread

Did you try the demo?. PC version is great and I bet is the same than 360 version, it has DOF effects that I don't think will be in PS2 version. I would get the PC version, it's much cheaper. My copy has shipped today, I hope to have it by weekend

nekrosoft13 06-04-08 06:54 AM

played the game, it looked great. but wasn't very impressed with gameplay. Maybe will give the demo another try.

eXeraZoR 06-04-08 11:08 AM

this game is awesome

never looked on the old lego star wars games cuz i thinked thats for kids only.
now after playing indiana jones i get now also lego star wars 1 and 2

awesome games!

highly recommended for everyone who loves arcade / jumpn run games

LordJuanlo 06-04-08 11:49 AM

Lego Star Wars are not for kiddies, well kiddies can enjoy them too, but true fans of the saga will find jokes related to the movies that other people simply won't catch. I bet Indy and Batman will be the same. I would describe Lego Star Wars as games made by fans, for fans

JigenD 06-04-08 01:07 PM

I'm not sure if I'm going to get it. Is the faces melting off nazis in the game, and if so, is it awesome?

jAkUp 06-04-08 01:57 PM

I got the 360 version yesterday :)

TBH, it looks the same as the PC version, both have DOF, and other graphical effects.

nekrosoft13 06-04-08 02:12 PM

then why get 360 version?

crainger 06-04-08 05:10 PM

Woohoo! That's awesome the PC version has the 360 graphics. I was so dissapointed when the PC version of Star Wars II had PS2 graphics I returned it. Star Wars I was great as it is still the only version with HDR and puts the revamped PS3 and 360 versions to shame.

Now onto the PC version of Indy. ::D: Looks like I might get that as it's 1/2 the price of the console versions here BUT I'll let Beagle decide, she prefers playing on the couch in front of the TV, now before anyone starts talking about DVI to HDMI cables (Nekro). My HTPC is not good enough for this game, and I'm sure as hell not dragging my Stacker through the house.

beagle 06-04-08 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger (Post 1672548)
Woohoo! That's awesome the PC version has the 360 graphics. I was so dissapointed when the PC version of Star Wars II had PS2 graphics I returned it. Star Wars I was great as it is still the only version with HDR and puts the revamped PS3 and 360 versions to shame.

Now onto the PC version of Indy. ::D: Looks like I might get that as it's 1/2 the price of the console versions here BUT I'll let Beagle decide, she prefers playing on the couch in front of the TV, now before anyone starts talking about DVI to HDMI cables (Nekro). My HTPC is not good enough for this game, and I'm sure as hell not dragging my Stacker through the house.

But what about when you upgrade the HTPC? Would it be good enough then? If so I vote PC version!!

crainger 06-04-08 07:24 PM

It would be, we could easily use the 360 controllers too, but I'd have to get one of thems wireless adapters.

JigenD 06-04-08 07:32 PM

Does it matter which version someone buys when they're exactly the same?