nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Warhead Teaser Trailer (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115460)

Quarter 06-26-08 04:17 PM

Warhead Teaser Trailer

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/39...Teaser-Trailer

Doesn't really show much new, but the few seconds of the hovercraft on ice looks neat.

SH64 06-26-08 06:57 PM

Re: Warhead Teaser Trailer

Looks superb as usual! & yeah the hovercraft scene is cool :thumbsup:

FastRedPonyCar 06-26-08 08:55 PM

Did he throw a hummer over onto it's side?!? RAD!!

CaptNKILL 06-26-08 11:11 PM

Anyone else notice the framerate? I know videos always look more fluid than gameplay, but that was buttery smooth compared to other Crysis videos I've seen.

After seeing how they dropped support for the original game and moved on so fast, I can't help but think they made some kind of breakthrough with their engine so that it runs significantly better, but it required building a game from the ground up. Like they just want to move on and forget that they made a game that only 5% of gamers could run. :lol:

SH64 06-26-08 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL (Post 1695472)
Anyone else notice the framerate? I know videos always look more fluid than gameplay, but that was buttery smooth compared to other Crysis videos I've seen.

After seeing how they dropped support for the original game and moved on so fast, I can't help but think they made some kind of breakthrough with their engine so that it runs significantly better, but it required building a game from the ground up. Like they just want to move on and forget that they made a game that only 5% of gamers could run. :lol:

Yeah i hope they weren't BSing us when they said it will run smooth on a $650 PC ... so far so good! :drooling:

Crow_Nest 06-27-08 03:44 AM

Seems pretty much the same stuff, but that new ice on water environment looks interesting. Also anyone noticed that the AK skin has been recolored?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar (Post 1695374)
Did he throw a hummer over onto it's side?!? RAD!!

You can already do that in the original game. Just as long as you got max strength on.

Toss3 06-27-08 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL (Post 1695472)

I don't think I saw any sun shafts so maybe they were just running the dx9 version? It's almost too blurry to see though, but I'm guessing low res + dx9.

Quarter 06-27-08 10:33 AM

I thought the god rays were being tuned with the new lighting engine (read: essentially dropped) to look more realistic?

backfiggen 06-27-08 11:52 AM

I'm not impressed. :|
Except for the Hovercraft-Part, that looked great.

Igor Vitaly 06-27-08 01:07 PM

Looks really good for high setting (colorgrading off/water no FFT). Should look much better at very high. :)

Igor Vitaly 06-27-08 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backfiggen (Post 1695928)
I'm not impressed. :|
Except for the Hovercraft-Part, that looked great.

The door is to your left.... ;)

Video was not of good quality shadows where covering most of the objects which makes it look dull but so does it look in reality to. A video of a sunny day or sunset and very high together with the radiosty enabled. :D

backfiggen 06-27-08 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igor Vitaly (Post 1696042)
The door is to your left.... ;)

Video was not of good quality shadows where covering most of the objects which makes it look dull but so does it look in reality to. A video of a sunny day or sunset and very high together with the radiosty enabled. :D

One should be allowed to criticize. :cool:
Of course it's still the best looking fps, but not much of a improvement. :(