nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Software (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Help!!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1156)

Vid_craze 08-26-02 07:09 AM

Help!!! (fixed)

Help me....
Well here is the issue. Whn tring to play .mpg (mpeg2) files or some .avi files am getting a message that

The test version has expired
OK

Well I know or think this started happend after or somewhere when I installed windvd demo. Well I did not like that program so I uninstalled it and I think after the 30 days I started getting that message. Does anyone know what .dll's and .ax files that are installed with windvd. their techsupport provided not help becuase they stated to read their users guide or search their support stuff. Well .dll and .ax returns nothing. It also could have been when I tried a ati card and installed their dvd software becuase this happened around the same time due to the fact I had gotten a dvd drive and was tring the software routh and found it is better to have a hardware decoder was better but still found that the creative dvd software to be best and keep my geforce 2 card.

Well thankx for reading this even if you can't help.

Gator 08-26-02 05:18 PM

Re: Help!!!

does the program happen on bootup or with any program you run. Or is it a apecific program.

Simple solution: install Winamp for MP3's, Windows Media Player or Real Player for AVI, PowerDVD for DVD

Quote:

Originally posted by Vid_craze
Help me....
Well here is the issue. Whn tring to play .mpg (mpeg2) files or some .avi files am getting a message that

The test version has expired
OK

Well I know or think this started happend after or somewhere when I installed windvd demo. Well I did not like that program so I uninstalled it and I think after the 30 days I started getting that message. Does anyone know what .dll's and .ax files that are installed with windvd. their techsupport provided not help becuase they stated to read their users guide or search their support stuff. Well .dll and .ax returns nothing. It also could have been when I tried a ati card and installed their dvd software becuase this happened around the same time due to the fact I had gotten a dvd drive and was tring the software routh and found it is better to have a hardware decoder was better but still found that the creative dvd software to be best and keep my geforce 2 card.

Well thankx for reading this even if you can't help.

Vid_craze 08-26-02 05:38 PM

reply.

Well this is for mpg-2 files and it requires a softwar dvd player. power dvd still does not work still get this error when I run a mpg-2 file. Media player will play the sound ater the error slowview will stop operating and well powerdvd does not see to want to play the mpeg-2 files. This is a codec that is installed that decodes the mpeg-2 files and it was installed off of the windvd player becuase it does support mpeg-2 file support.

Vid_craze 08-27-02 12:12 PM

Fixed.

Well it is not really fixed just resolved. Had to install the full version of the WinDVD software. I installed and removed the demo/trial windvd and the Media Player and it still did it. But when I installed the Full versoin of windvd and removed that the issue removed. So it is an error with windvd and the codec and suspect that the file will not remove from your computer so that you can't just reinstall the windvd trial ever 30 days.